Chapter Forty Nine

Lexa POV

The look in Clarke's eyes worry me and excite me at the same time. She is scared and worried for her people but  at the same time, she has more life and purpose in her than I've seen since she came back to me. This could be exactly what she needs to feel like she's back in the game again.

'What do you need niron (loved one)' i whisper in her ear, simultaneously letting her know that I'm right here and willing to do what ever she wants.

'Can you get the med kit and give it to Jackson?' she replies with only the slightest turn of her head.

'Med Kit?'

'The red box I gave you to attach to the horse full of supplies... Lexa you did bring it right? I told you to attach that thing ages ago. It's for safety Lexa, what if one of us gets injured' she sound more like Clarke when she's telling me off.

'I have it right here, why do you need it?' I finally say once I can get a word in

'Good. Give it to Jackson please.' she then turns and addresses Jackson 'Patch up as many people here as you can, we'll go back to Polis and gather people to come and bring you and the rest of the survivors back to Polis to recover'

She shoots me a quick look but I am too captured in her beauty and strength to notice that she is asking for my approval. I snap myself out of my loving daze and give her a slight nod. She knows I support her every move.

As soon as we were on our way to Arkadia we are on our way home again. Now that we know how bad the situation is in Arkadia its time to plan and I think it'll have to happen quickly.

But first we need to send people to help Jackson and the wounded.

My first thought is Octavia but she's still hurting from Lincoln.

'Clarke?'

She humms slightly so I know I've got her attention

'I was thinking about who we should send to help Jackson' I say 'obviously we'll send mostly trikru soldiers but I thought a skaikru member to lead them would be a good plan'

'Good thinking, just in case anyone is unsure whether to trust a group of grounders' she replies

'I was thinking Octavia, she's a warrior the men respect her but she's still quite hurt from Lincoln'

'It's sweet of you to think she might need some time off but I think a distraction might be just what she needs. How about we ask her?' she says as we arrive in Polis and dismount the horse.

Time to find Octavia and rally a group of men but most importantly, time to plan our next moves.