Chapter Fifty One

Lexa POV
I'm riding ahead of Clarke, at least I thought I was. It wasn't until Clarke's horse is galloping past me without her on it that I realise something has happened. I turn around and there she is on the ground unconscious. I stop my horse and get down on the ground to hold her gently until she wakes up. It isn't long before her eyes flutter open and she smiles up at me.

"You could have just told me you didn't like the horse I had given you, there was no need to dramatically get rid of it" I chuckle.
She laughs and says "I don't know what happened, one second I was fine then I was crying and then I was on the floor"
"This is a lot to think about and take in ai hodnes (my love) perhaps you just got a little overwhelmed. Let's get back to Polis and then perhaps you should get some sleep before we begin planning preparations." I can already hear the protests before she says them
"Lexa. These are my people that we need to save. I'm not sleeping until we have a solution and Jaha is safely behind bars"
"Perhaps we can make a deal. You have a small sleep and I'll begin planning. Then when you wake up you can come and join me."
"I don't know Lexa. I need to protect my people"
"And I need to protect mine. This threat affects my people too Clarke, we can't have a poorly devised plan because one or both of us aren't thinking straight, we don't have the room for that in this plan" I use my commander voice and Clarke knows that I'm serious and she shouldn't argue anymore.

I offer Clarke my hand for assistance getting up and when she stands I notice that she's got a rather large cut on her shoulder from the fall.
"You have a cut Clarke" I say stupidly, she clearly knows that there's a huge cut on her arm.
"Mm. There's bandages in the med kit- uh the little red box- can you please grab me one?" She says. I stare blankly at her.
"Now Lexa!"
"I don't have one. I gave mine to Jackson and your horse just ran away. Will any sort of fabric work?"
"Yes anything will be fine for now and when we get back to Polis I'll change it for a bandage. Do you have any spare rags?" She asks
"Nope" I say blankly before I tear open my shirt and give her a piece.

Clarke's jaw drops and her eyes widen at the sight of me ripping my shirt. She takes the fabric and bandages herself up then I lift her up onto my horse. She's a little wobbly, she must have hit her head on the fall. I sit behind her and let her body sink into mine as we ride back to Polis.