Chapter Thirty One

Lexa POV

Octavia and Lincoln have to practically pin me down to stop me from going off to Arkadia and killing Pike myself when they tell me what's been happening in the time since Clarke left here. I am fuming and distraut. She left the safety of being here because I wasn't patient enough to wait until Skaikru took out their leaders on their own.

"Indra!" I call and she pops her head in the door of the throne room instantly "Call the ambassadors back. I am calling upon the armies of the twelve clans to lay waste to Arkadia and everyone within their walls. Clarke is not safe there." Indra nods and is about to turn and run to get the ambassadors but Octavia stops her saying "Indra don't. Noone in those walls agrees with what Pike has done, except Abby. Bellamy and another guard, Miller, are in the midst of telling all the guards what Pike has been doing. I know none of them will agree. There has been news that there is going to be a public interrogation of her today. The plan is to let him think he is winning and then kill him. Please Heda. You have to believe that Skaikru are innocent. It is just Pike"

"Pike and Abby. What will happen to her. She has been involved in the torture and mistreat of her own daughter." I retort as Indra stays in the doorway ready to leave to collect the ambassadors as soon as I say.

"That is up to Clarke. As a part of the plan, we are going to be at the gate after it's all finished. All of us. You can do what you wish after Pike is dead. But, Heda. I must warn you that Clarke has not eaten in three weeks and she has been chained to a wall. She will be in bad shape" Lincoln says, stepping forward and taking Octavia's to support her. I flick him an apologetic look and then nod to Indra that she may leave and the ambassadors may stay in there rooms. 

We ride to Arkadia as fast as possible. As we ride I push back thoughts of Clarke. Octavia said they were planning a public interrogation. That means they found out about our relationship. This is just like Costia but worse. Costia was taken by my enemy but Clarke was taken by her own people. They are going to torture her even though she is the only reason they are all still alive. Her own mother knows what is happening and is perfectly fine with it. It is clear that the others stay quiet while we ride to give me time to think and process. I would normally not notice this if I weren't for one conversation that took place between Raven and Murphy, where Murphy made a sassy comment about 'Grounders' as he calls us. Raven proceeded to hit him across the arm and say "Dude shut up. Can't you see the Commander is thinking about something deep. Why did we even bring you?"

"Because you can't stand to be away from me" he quickly retorted which made Raven blush.

I was thankful for this conversation because although Murphy was speaking out about my people, Raven's reaction made me smile, even if just for a moment.

When the walls of Arkadia came into view, my heart started beating faster and the anxiety I felt for Clarke began to be mixed with my excitement to see her again. This meant I simultaneously wanted to get there faster and turn around and go home. But I am the Heda Lexa Kom Trikru, Heda kom Kongeda (Commander of the Coalition), I do not run away in fear of the enemy. I use my fear to harden my exterior and charge head on into battle, impenetrable.

As we get closer to the walls I am told about a code "We set up a system so that we would know where to go when we came back. If the guards at the gate have their guns, enter at the back. If they don't have guns we may enter as we wish. This way we will not jepordise the plan that is running inside the walls" Octavia explains

"You're welcome." Raven says smugly. I do not understand why she said that as noone thanked her, but noone seems bothered by this statement so I guess it must be a Skaikru tradition.

When we are close enough to see the gates, we clearly see the guards have their guns. This causes us to change our route in and we enter through a hole in the side of the ship. Once inside we make our way through the metal box quickly. I cannot help but notice how my steps are significantly louder than the others. I suspect that they have spent many years adapting to walking on the unforgiving metal that walking silently is second nature. Just like how I can walk through the forest without a sound if I want to. I remember when the 100 first landed, they were so loud when they were moving around that they scared off all forms of life and food for miles. The thought of the past makes me think of Clarke again. A pang of pain jolts through me and I charge faster through the metal maze, determined to get to Clarke sooner.

I make it outside a significant amount of time before the others but unfortunately just on time to see Clarke be shocked by her mother and then collapse onto the ground like a ragdoll. She gets carried away and I feel a anger building in my chest and a plan forming in my head. I wait until the others return before I tell them of my plan to help Clarke escape.