𝟹.𝟷𝟺: 𝚂𝚝𝚛𝚎𝚎𝚝𝚌𝚊𝚛 𝙽𝚊𝚖𝚎𝚍 𝙳𝚎𝚜𝚒𝚛𝚎 (𝟿𝟺)

-Narrator's perspective-

"It sorta irked me to know that you still won't listen to me." Danielle says over the phone while her other hand is in her coat pocket, walking in the windy night. "Where are you?" She asks, looking around.

"You're the one who kissed me back yesterday. Just follow the trail and you'll see a dusty old trailer." said Hayley while she investigates the inside.

"I don't recall you complaining." She said with a simple smile, remembering the night that made her life complete. Danielle clears her throat, seeing from a distance where Hayley is supposed to be. "I'm here. Don't touch-"

"-I think I found something." Hayley interrupt when she heard a noise inside the small space.

"...Anything..." Danielle continues under her breath before closing her phone, speeding inside the trailer to find Hayley shaking Lucien awake.

The Vampire was gray and desiccated by starvation of blood. He was tied up and looked as if he was locked inside the closet to rot. Danielle admitted that she enjoyed the image but had more pressing matters than to be overjoyed.

"Get... Klaus... Out of here."

Danielle froze, turning her head to hear her brothers conversing with Aya behind the trailer. She was about to go to them but Hayley held her wrist firmly making her stop. "Where do you think you're going?"

"Help my brothers. Stay here and-" Danielle delicately took off Hayley's hand off her but knew that it wouldn't cut it. "...Here we go." She mumbles.

"You're not going anywhere but with me." She said with authority that Danielle could take note of. "Help me bring this idiot to the Compound and-"

They stopped talking when they heard two body thud on the ground, alerting Danielle. "Hayley-"

"No! If you go out there, you'll get caught too. Be smart and let's go back to Freya and think of a plan." She said stubbornly with a sharp whisper. Danielle looks behind her, closing her lips tightly. "They don't know you're alive, Dani." She whispers lowly.

'I'll be back, brothers'

Danielle exhales, having been forced to listen to an argument. Her mind was thinking of ways on what her brothers could be going through right now. She could have avoided it by attacking Aya and her vampires by surprise and retrieving her siblings. But at the cost, she'd get caught too according to Hayley.

"I had no idea that Aya was gonna take Klaus and Elijah down. And, regardless, why the hell are we trusting this guy all of a sudden? Huh? He's the one who ran off with Aurora the first chance he got." Marcel blames Lucien who was drowning in blood bags to regain his strength back.

"You can hardly fault a man for following his heart. And the moment she started raving about firing white oak into Klaus, well, words were said, hearts broken, veins drained. And also, You're still alive?" Lucien kept talking that Danielle didn't even acknowledge him acknowledge her.

"You're one to talk about trust. Who was it that handed my dead husband's heart to the people that helped murder him?" Hayley questions Marcel with her hands on either sides of her hips.