𝟸.𝟷𝟺: 𝙸 𝙻𝚘𝚟𝚎 𝚈𝚘𝚞, 𝙶𝚘𝚘𝚍𝚋𝚢𝚎 (58)

-Narrator's perspective-

For once in her 10 centuries of living in this very earth, Danielle couldn't find herself back to herself. There was no one left to help her find her way- especially now that Hayley was about to be married. In front of her, nonetheless which made it seem awfully petty for other people. But other people wouldn't get to witness the werewolf wedding of the decade.

As to now, carrying the burden of knowing the true origin of how Estella died, it made her feel worse than before. Even so that many people were below the balcony she stood, chattering whilst they were waiting for the groom and bride to arrive. She was alone. Standing behind the ledge, hand gripping on it to steady herself from breaking to a million pieces. Has she not felt this strong emotion, it very well needed every ounce of Danielle's energy to bottle it all up.

While the soft music was playing in the background, her phone in her hand started to ring making her snap back to reality. She answered it upon seeing who the caller is. "Rebekah? Did it work?" She asks and there was a slight pause.

"No, Sister, It didn't." Instead of hearing her sister's voice, it was Kol's. "It specifically said Mikaelson blood and I'm not in my own body." He explained steadily, looking at Rebekah in defeat who also had the same look as he does.

"What?" Danielle questioned in a sharp tone. She clasped her face with one hand and tried to think of other ways. Not unless she sees the spell and pendant again. "I'm on my way." She informed, about to do so but a loud cough was heard on the other line making her hault. Hearing it was like farther torture for her.

"No." Kol disagreed, gathering himself with the help from Rebekah. "I don't want you to see me like this. Besides, It's Hayley's wedding day, isn't it? Bex told me she wanted you there." He said, coughing a few more but shortly lived.

In her disappointment, Danielle turned around and saw her brother, Klaus standing there with a heavy look. She didn't know whether it was about him telling the truth about Estella, or the fact that Hayley was getting married, or maybe it was because he overheard her conversation with Kol. Who knows? But it was all three, and it hurt her for experiencing all this in one day.

"Yeah. She did." Danielle said, leaning on the ledge behind her whilst she looked at Klaus. Who walked towards her, besides her and rest his arms on the ledge.

"Bex and I can manage here." Kol said and he knew it was a lie. He didn't have the whole day and it made him feel guilty for lying again. "Say, I've only heard about Hayley a couple million times from our sister. And most of it was how you treat her. You like her?" He started, wanted to put a little low light between them.

By the start of the conversation, she didn't know whether to talk to her brother about this. Less the facts that Klaus was listening, Rebekah too on the other line. And in this moment, she just wanted to finally say it. If she couldn't to Hayley, anyone who wouldn't judge her would do.

"I Love Her." Danielle confessed, slightly looking down and saw people standing up indicating that the couple who are to be married today is making their way to the top. By her admission, Kol slight tugged his lips to a smile and looked besides his sister who also had the same expression on her face.

Klaus smiles for his sister, sad but was proud of her for finally staying true to hee feelings about Hayley. It might have taken a long time for her to realize it but, she loves her. Klaus' smile falters when he notice the dash of painful look that his sister holds in her eyes. And he even blamed himself for pushing the wedding to commence but didn't say anything of it.