𝟹.𝟸: 𝚈𝚘𝚞 𝙷𝚞𝚗𝚐 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙼𝚘𝚘𝚗 (70)

-Narrator's perspective-

In the hopes of finding Hayley, the two siblings were scavenging the depths of the bayou while Danielle had their niece in her arms. Until they were shot down when they managed to find Jackson. Danielle was hoping that he was with Hayley but it only deepened the knife in her heart. To her dismay of expecting Jackson to be with Hayley, fate was yet turned on her.

After finding out which company name did the massacre of killing wolves, Danielle got a gush of cold wind down her spine. It's been centuries since she's heard the name Castle and it wasn't pleasant. Lucien was an old friend of hers and most importantly, a friend of Estella. The girl who manages to keep popping up in certain circumstances.

"Freya, I have called over dozens of times and another one comes, I will just lose my mind. Pick up the phone and do a locator spell on Hayley. She's missing." Danielle aggressively pushed the end button, putting an end to her voicemail before she crushed the phone in her hand.

She didn't have the chance to ask for the locator spell when Her sister was still here since she was searching the woods on her own. By the time Danielle arrived, she already saw Elijah taking out the bullets out of Jackson's body.

As she said, Jackson was breathing heavily and gritting his teeth the last time when Elijah managed to pull out the last bullet in his skin. After it was finished, the female hybrid walked back to where they were and watched as her brother offered Jackson to drink his blood. And as expected of the outcome, he rejected.

"I'm good." He said and that was all that it took for Elijah to retreat his arm. "We need to find Hayley." He added more concerningly. And it by far ignited a fire in Danielle.

"There's still no sign of her. I've seen the bodies." Elijah had informed.

"Hunters set up traps all over the bayou, mowed us all down with gunfire. Any wolf that wasn't taken out, scattered." said Jackson and has been dreading to ask. "Elijah, how many bodies?"

When the man didn't answer, Jackson knew that it was terrible. He sighed heavily, "A trap wouldn't hold Hayley after she'd turn back." Jackson looked over the little girl who was on the stroller, her aunt was tending to her. "Nothing would stop her from seeinf that little girl. Something's wrong."

After it, Elijah walked over and grabbed his jacket and Jackson asked where he was going. "We're taking our niece home. Then we'll continue the search. You stay here, tend to your dead." He ordered and Danielle stood up getting ready to leave.

"No. No. I got five hours until I'm a wolf again. Elijah, she's my wife." He said seriously and even though Hayley doesn't feel the same way, it didn't stop him from loving her any less.

Danielle felt her skin go cold and pushed the stroller while they journey back to the Compound.

"I thought I smelled swamp." Klaus turned around and as expected of him to see, there was Jackson, Elijah and Danielle who entered his part of the room.

"What did you do with Hayley?" The Kenner asks impatiently.

"Tell me what you know." Elijah ordered, walking alongside with his sister who didn't bother to ask.

"Has Jackson misplaced his bride? Come to think about it, I did read that global warming has disrupted migration patterns. Try Georgia." He, instead, answers and a grin on his face to match the glass of bourbon on his hand.