𝟹.𝟸𝟸: 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙱𝚕𝚘𝚘𝚍𝚢 𝙲𝚛𝚘𝚠𝚗 (𝟷𝟶𝟹)

-Narrator's perspective-

"Forgive me... I killed him... I killed Marcellus, Danielle." Were Elijah's words when he arrived home, nothing but torture and pain riddled in his whole body. Seeing Marcel fell off that bridge... Watched Klaus bewildered with exploding emotions over seeing his so-called son die by his brother's hand.

When Danielle and Hayley arrived back home, which was late, Freya had filled them in on what was happening. They left their safe haven only to come home with a burden to bare. Danielle was too preoccupied with... things, that she didn't check her phone which she left in her car. Ofcourse, they did not expect any bad news since they just survived a hurricane with Lucien Castle.

"You did what you had to, to protect our family. It's not your fault." Danielle assured. They were both on the ground when Elijah's knees gave up on him. "I don't blame you, brother." She said, holding his shoulder.

It has been a long time since Elijah had shown this type of emotion again. Danielle didn't know what to do or feel, honestly. Marcel died and he was like a true son to Niklaus. She wondered what Klaus was feeling over losing a son, and Camille.

Like anyone else in their family, she taught Marcel how to read, play with the piano even though he had no interest to. Basics of being a vampire and how to deal with the heightened emotions... She couldn't dare to say that she wouldn't miss Marcel.

Danielle looked up and met with Hayley's gaze, surprised that she heard Elijah say that he killed Marcel. The Mikaelson hybrid looked away and focused on her older brother who took care of her when she was like this. In fact, she almost forgot how since Elijah was an expert on pushing aside his strong feelings.

Days had come and go and Danielle felt her heavy burden lift by it pass. Currently, she couldn't sleep and it was already morning. She laid in bed, watch Hayley fall asleep, think and drink. All those in one night and still couldn't close her eyes because if she did, she would imagine how Elijah killed Marcel. And she didn't want to paint her brother as a villain. All those and she was guilty of Davina's death.

She gave up on sleeping and just opened the blinds to the window, just a bit to let a little light in. Danielle sat on the edge of the bed, thinking about the day when she wanted to remember her life when she couldn't. When Davina helped her regain those memories she desperately wanted to know. And what did she do to return the favor? Ended up being one of three people who killed her...

"You're up early." Hayley said, catching the Mikaelson's attention, reverting her back to reality. Her back was turned on Hayley, who sat up and inched closer to Danielle. "You didn't sleep, didn't you?"

"No, I didn't." She says, looking besides her when Hayley holds her hand and gently caressing it as if it was her own. "Couldn't so I watched you sleep."

Hayley smiled to herself and gently kissed Danielle's hand. "A long time ago, I thought I'd never love someone other than my family, other than Estella. Well, I... I was wrong." The Mikaelson hold the other's hand back.

"We both were." Hayley mumbles, closing her eyes when Danielle kissed her on her cheek, soft as she could. "What happened in the past few weeks, Davina, Marcel... You did what you needed to to protect this family and me."

"You became a part of this family when we found out you were pregnant with Hope. Do not exclude yourself of that matter." Danielle said seriously, holding both sides of her cheek, looking deeply into her eyes. Hayley agreed and intimately kissed the Mikaelson, both felt an enormous feeling which they haven't felt in years. Love.