𝟻.𝟿: 𝚆𝚎 𝙷𝚊𝚟𝚎 𝙽𝚘𝚝 𝙻𝚘𝚗𝚐 𝚃𝚘 𝙻𝚘𝚟𝚎 (𝟷𝟺𝟷)

-Narrator's perspective-

Danielle Mikaelson has spent days to cover her life her in Italy. There was too many people who can... well, hurt the person she cared in this place. And as much as she had the urge to compel that certain person, she couldn't. Not long after she gave the person vervain and told them the truth about why she befriended them. Closure, maybe. No one in her family knows why she had to go back to the country. She wasn't one to build a life alone.

And as she had her hand full of tainted and dried blood, that was when her phone started blaring in her coat pocket. It made her sigh tiredly before ripping a man's throat apart and let his body drop to the floor with no remorse. Danielle wiped her hand off the dirt before grabbing her phone and picking it up.

"Hey, do you want me to order food for dinner or you already ate?"

Hayley's voice made her mood lighter and well that it brought a smile to her face. But she snapped out of it, remembering she hasn't said a word in the seconds that already flew by their heads. "I think I'll arrive a tad late. You can order for yourself. Put the bill in my name. I don't mind." She said and looked around her, realized she killed about 9 or 10 vampires in the building.

"What was that? You're coming back now and you and me will have a serious conversation? Sure, whatever you want, Elle." Hayley says before hanging up, didn't give the woman to reply back before the call ended.

Danielle clicks her tongue, realized she was screwed. She left the building as it is, not after she cleaned herself off before, ofcourse. The vampires she murdered posed as a threat for her and her family. She didn't have a choice but to kill them and now, they were dead. One less thing to worry about, check.

Now, she hasn't been in the hotel frequently since she was busy... well, killing potential threats. Hayley thought that she was doing that on purpose and needed to talk to her about it. Danielle should have told her the truth sooner. Probably the time they were on a plane for many hours but she didn't know how to bring the topic up.

As soon as Danielle opened the doors, she sensed something was wrong. Before she could think about what was wrong, glass shattering rang in the suite. Danielle got worried, thinking that Hayley must have gotten hurt or worse. She sped inside the kitchen, definitely thinking that she should have told Hayley sooner...

Hayley Marshall couldn't believe her eyes when Estella Auclair walked in the Suite a second ago.

"Hayley, let her go." She calls, holding her hand. Hayley had the frightened looking girl against the wall, gripping on her neck tightly. When Hayley didn't disperse or move, Danielle used her hybrid nature to get her off of the person.

"Why the hell is she here, Danielle?" Hayley asks, watching the Mikaelson hold Estella's weakened state very carefully. Seeing how she cared, it brought pain to Hayley's chest that was burried years ago. Which resurfaced really quickly. "You're suppose to be dead." She looked at Estella with much distain.

"I can explain, just please- don't be angry." Danielle says, looking at her with pleading eyes. "Are you okay?" She asks, helped the girl to stand properly on her own.

"I'm not Estella." She says honestly, sincere and pure. Hayley scoffs, shaking her head that she didn't believe her. Danielle looks down in shame. "My name's Elaine- I just look like her."