𝟷.𝟸𝟷: 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙱𝚊𝚝𝚝𝚕𝚎 𝙾𝚏 𝙽𝚎𝚠 𝙾𝚛𝚕𝚎𝚊𝚗𝚜 (32)

-Narrator's perspective-

"Are you sure that Genevieve is to be trusted? I passed her and she said some very disliked things towards me." Danielle informed, flipping a page of the book she held.

"Oh, please, sister. I heard the conversation and you said some things as well." Elijah spoke as a matter of fact and saw his sistet snicker under her breath. "And no, I do not believe that she could be trusted." He added indefinitely.

With her legs crossed, the hardcover of the book was placed on her knee, she silently read in her head. It's no secret that Danielle loved to read. But she much preferred for it to be in a much more quiet place where she can focus on absolving the written words.

"We have a problem."

The Mikaelsons snapped their necks towards the doorway, seeing a stressed Hayley who had one hand on her belly to calm herself down. Elijah looked at his sister who shrugged unknowingly and they listened to what problem they have now.

At times like this has she wanted to go to Rebekah to travel the world.

"It appears our wolves have gone astray, brother." Elijah informed as soon as the male hybrid picked up his phone.

"They should've been back hours ago." Hayley added furthermore and Elijah held his index finger up. A sign to tell her that he got it.

"We need to find them."

"Well, that might be a but tricky. You see, we've located their car on a backroad in the middle of nowhere. I suspect they've been shanghaied."

Gritting his teeth, "And you didn't feel the need to share this information?" He questioned and a blue eyed brunette in the room vigorously nodded in knowing.

"It was my intention to present you with the problem only after I'd find an appropriate solution."

"Well, do enlighten us." Elijah spoke and gave his sibling in the room a nod when she looked at him skeptic-like.

"I'm closing in on it as we speak. The only person who would be bold enough to snatch my wolf allies is the one who has the most to lose."

Upon hearing that, The three back in the compound gave a slight frustration of what Klaus was hinting on. "Marcel." Elijah said in slight realization. Not really surprised.

"No. He'll kill them." Hayley whispered and looked helplessly to the hybrid who gave her a sympathetic look in return.

"Genevieve assures me that Marcel had procured a cloaking spell. The only witch who will aid Marcel is Davina. I just need to get one last bit of leverage before I pay her a visit." Klaus looked down on the roof he was on, watching young Josh walk up to his car. "And there it is."

When Klaus ended the call, Danielle closed her book to aclose and stood up. "Do you think he'll kill her?" She asked, gesturing to Davina.

"I'm pretty sure our brother is not that heartless." He answered and placed his phone in his pocket. "He will go after that vampire Joshua to persuade Davina."

Leaving Hayley in the Compound with a certain resurrected witch was not what Danielle wished. She had no choice since the werewolf persuaded her to go and help Jackson. Wouldn't be her first instinct but, whatever makes Hayley happy she guesses.