𝟷.𝟾: 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚁𝚒𝚟𝚎𝚛 𝙸𝚗 𝚁𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚜𝚎 (9)

-Narrator's perspective-

Humming quietly, fingers tracing, drawing invisible lines on the old parchment paper that was on her lap. Covers of the book spreads out while she silently reads the book she found in the shelves.

Even so Elijah was wrong in this predicament, she couldn't feel guilt. With only a drop of her blood, her brother could be of ease his pain but her mind went against it. Afterall, he is in the wrong.

The betrayal of her brother was too harsh, making her wonder if Elijah was himself a few hours ago.

As though as Hayley's clearly didn't surprise her. Which it only did because the werewolf stayed sided with Elijah, never bothered to go back to the plantation for her.

It hurts her but, knew it was for the best. Danielle was looking for a way for the two of them to be at odds, seperated from one another so she can't grew feelings and gets too attached for no reason. But it hurts her so much so than what she would like to say.

At minutes, she would want to speed back to the bayou and help her brother, get Hayley back to safety. But as always, it wasn't like she would just betray Nik.

Danielle could hear how Rebekah stormed off breakfast, practically slamming a door to Klaus' face seeing as he hurt her feelings.

It didn't took a minute before Klaus knocked on her door, opening it seeing the girl on her bed peacefully. He greeted her a good morning before walking in, the girl nodding in return.

"You weren't there for breakfast." He started, sitting on the edge of her bed to kill time until Camille arrives.

"I thought breakfast with our little sister was enough drama for you." Danielle snorted, tilting her head sidewards while she read the book on her hands.

"Trust me, it isn't." He exhaled, looking over the brunette. "I'm surprised you're not with Hayley as of this moment."

Danielle closed the book, sighing. "What is it, Nik?" She asked, tossing the book by her feet so they could talk properly.

"I'm just saying, I know you like the werewolf." Klaus grimaced, never missed how his sister rolled her eyes. "Don't deny it either."

"I haven't said anything, brother." She quickly defended in which of it only proved Klaus' point. "What do you gain out of this, anyways?"

"Oh, nothing. Just love torturing you with these pesty emotions we have." He replied nonchalantly, then watching how Danielle scrunched her nose of it. "Dani, come on."

Danielle hummed, raising one eyebrow. "Shall we go somewhere?" She asked, her turn to smile when Klaus groaned of her reply.

"You know what I'm talking about." The male hybrid pointed before hearing knocking downstairs. "Excuse me while I have somewhere to be. I'm coming back, get ready."

"Yeah- have fun with your therapy session with the bartender." Danielle called out as soon as Klaus was already out the door.

"Oh I will!" No bother denying, he yelled and jogged down the stairs.

Danielle laughed in amusement, shaking her head of her brother's attitude today.