Chapter 3⃣

I wiped my tears and looked around . I didn't see anyone, but I could hear a faint whisper " big sis it's okay , don't get in trouble. It's okay " I heard the voice say . I realize it was my brother I could see him sitting on his bed smiling . " baby bro, I gotta do this for you. They took you from me and I gotta get em back ." " no you don't, I'm gone . you can't bring me back by killing them . That's not how it works " he said . He was fading away like a memory . " Devin ! Come back ! Please, come back " I started sobbing again . He was right , killing them wouldn't bring him back but I needed to do it to get closure . I'll think it over . I went downstairs, my mom still wasn't home. I started picking up my mess I made, After, that I went and did my hygiene stuff then fixed my self some food . I sat on the couch watching Empire while on IG.
Minutes later I got up. I went in my room watched tv and started to think, I really think I do this too much . I decided to call my cousin and tell what I know about Dev's killer . He said we needed a plan before blasting the niggas but I didn't wana hear it . I always had the mentality to shoot with no questions asked . You ask questions that's how you die, never give them time to think just blast em.
" calm down lil cuzzo we gon get believe that ."
" aaight , you need any help bruh ?" I asked
" Nah ion want you in this , but you can make this drop fo me over on Hampton st. "
" Man fuck on with that drop it was my brother lemme shoot a nigga with no remorse like he did him " I yelled " chill out . I don't want you in this , na if you don't want to make a drop that's fine but you gon stay yo ass outta this , you hear me lil girl ? "
" yeah man whatever " I rolled my eyes and hung up the phone . I decided to go to sleep it was a long stressful day.
-- The Morning --
I was awaking to the smell of bacon , pancakes , eggs , and sausages. It smelled hella good so, I hopped in the shower, then slipped on some shorts and a Nike tee that said 'GO HARD OR GO HOME' my motto . My mom was standing in the kitchen on the phone laughing. I was confused this is new to me I haven't seen my mom smile since before lil bro got shot . I was happy she was her self again . " hay baby , sleep well ?" she asked in a sincere tone " Yea ma , did you ?"
" I slept wonderful, I know you didn't mean to yell at me Kay. i forgive you . You just needed to get it off your chest and it came at the wrong time " she said while handing me my plate . I nodded I had no words I felt bad still . After I stuffed my face I grabbed my keys and took a drive to an old friends house . I pulled up to Jaime's house and got out . I didn't see any cars so I guessed her parents weren't home cause I know she doesn't drive . It took her three knocks to get to the door . When she finally pulled open the door I smiled and waved . Jaime was brown skin , short hair , and skinny . We met back in middle school when she took my pencil and we almost fought over it . We realize it was stupid and became friends . One day we just kinda fell off but I wanted to change that . " hay Jaime ". " hi. Kay "
" How have you been ?"
" good , Uhm why are you here ?"
" Uhm you know , I was thinking about the people I haven't seen in awhile and you were actually first on my list ." I said while rubbing my neck . " Well I can't exactly talk right now . Maybe I'll call you later . " I heard a voice in the background " Bae come on you're missing the good parts " The voice was disturbingly familiar . He came up behind her and grabbed her waist then looked at me like ' oh fuck '
I stormed to my car and sped out the driveway . I didn't know where I was going but I know I didn't want to stop .