Chapter 17

It's been a month since my cousin's been in the comma. I've gone by to see him more often, one day we got to see him move his hand but since then that was the only real movement. The doctors inform us everyday of how well he's doing and that he should be coming out of the comma real soon. Real soon feels like years,  my aunt has us pray for him after the doctors give us news. " God I know you can work miracles, and I know you're working them now please wake my baby up soon. Don't take him home yet lord he's going to get his life right. In the name of Jesus." She needed the prayer then we all lifted our heads . I always cried at the end, it touched my heart like it was meant for me.  Cami came in the room and sat beside me. " hey how you feeling ?" She asked trying to sound sincere. " I'm fine thanks for asking " I said trying not to sound sarcastic. She sat there for a few more minutes then got up. I went over to Jordan's bed and laid down . " Jordan wake up" she didn't move. " Jordan wake up !!" She finally made a sound and sat up . " what do you want, we don't have school for like 3 more days. Can I sleep?" i gave her a look and then continued to try to wake her up . " it's important wake up!" She finally rolled over and looked at me. I locked the room door before speaking . " I had a weird dream, I saw my brother and my cousin get shot beside me and I felt like the bullets were meant for me." My voice started shaking while I spoke. " Kayla they weren't meant for you, don't think that way. Your cousin is going to be fine and your brother is in a better place away from the violence ." This is why she's my best friend her advice is the best,well sometimes.
" I'm not sure what to do though cause' in my dream I saw somebody that shot them have hair like Cami." Jordan didn't say anything for awhile I think she knew something I didn't . " Jordan is there something you want to tell me?" She didn't look at me when I said that.
I knew she knew something but we just sat there for awhile. Ten minutes passed and she finally said something . " Kayla I meant to tell you I heard her on the phone the other day before your cousin got shot, she was talking to some dude about doing her a favor. She caught me looking at her and made me promise not to tell you or the same thing would happen to me or your mom." I couldn't believe what I heard, she's been playing me this whole time. I didn't know what to do but I know what couldn't say any just yet . I unlocked the door and went into the bathroom to shower . I told Jordan to get dress too so we won't be in the house with a hit man . We went out for a drive around Georgia to take our minds off what I just learned. After sight seeing for awhile we went to eat. " Didn't know Georgia was this big." Jordan talked as she stuffed her face. My phone started to ring as she keep talking and stuffing her face. " hello ,is this Kayla?"
" maybe who's this and why are you calling ?" I said we sorta raising my voice a little. " calm down little girl, it's not nice to yell at your elders." the voice laughed a little as he talked. The voice seem very familiar whenever he talked . I remember it from the basement I was in. It sounded like the voice of the boss. " now listen little girl, your cousin needed to mind his business and so does your whole family. Even your best friend Jordan. Just remember that before something really happened to any of them." The phone call ended after that. My mouth dropped and tears began to fall this was beginning to be too much for me to handle. Jordan and I drove to the hospital to check on my cousin . My mom texted me that he had woken up.