Chapter 12

It was the end of the school day. I waited outside for my mom to come outside when a car pulled up behind me and a tall dark man got out. He was wearing a suit, he had a mean but serious look on his face. I started to walk but he grabbed my arm. " Kayla I'm guessing?" He said in a voice that was so deep. " who are you?" I asked with a shaky voice. At this moment I really wish my mom would come and rescue me from this man. As I struggled to get away, a bag was being placed over my head and I felt something hit me over the head. Next thing I knew I was out like a light.
I woke up with the bad still over my head and I heard men with very deep voices talking around me. One of them were talking about taking me into another room and doing things to me. Another said " that's not what she's here for". I heard foot steps come up behind me and the bag was being lifted from my head. " hey pretty girl, you're awake now." The dark man who grabbed me started to rub my face as he said it. I didn't know what was happening or who they were my eyes felt swollen shut and my vision was blurry.
" what are we going to do with her, boss"
As I tried to look around to see who he was talking to but my head continued to hang low. Their boss started talking and his voice sounded familiar but I couldn't quite make out the voice that well.
" just let her sit there for a couple hours, we have bigger problems to worry about right now we have to find out destroyed our spot"
I tilted my head up enough to see the men nod in agreement then moments later they all left.

Two hours later I regained some consciousness I felt a vibration in my back pocket. They must have forgotten to check me when they grabbed me. Rookie mistake. I hadn't heard anyone for awhile so I tried untie the ropes. It didn't take me long. I've watched a lot of shows that informed me on how to get out this type of situation. I quickly reached for my phone and called my cousin.
" ay . I need your help NOW!"
" why wassup, where you at, yo moms been looking for you"
" some guys snatched me up, I'm in a abandoned building "
" I know who did it and I know exactly where you cuz, hold tight don't do anything "
" Ight man hurry up "
As I hung up the phone and placed it back in my back pocket I got back in position that I was in. I heard foot steps coming toward the door then a gunshot .
Now I said Im not afraid of anything but I have one fear and that's dying and right now I'm shaking in my boots. I heard another shot go off and all I can think of was how I'm going to be reunited with my lil bro.  I didn't know how to feel I was scared but yet somewhat ready.
I was broken from my thought as I heard the door creek open. It was my cousin. I tried to smile a little but my face was still swollen .
" you aight cuz "
I nodded .
" aight let's hurry up and get you out before those fools come back"
He picked me up because my legs were a little weak. Once we got outside he placed me in the backseat of the car and sped off .
" you know I can't take you home right ?"
" what ? Why ?"
" they know where you live, I drove by before coming to get you and they were already there looking for your mom"
" where is she ?"
" she at my house, we about to go pick her up and I'm moving y'all out of state "
" out of state why ? We can't just move to a different city ?"
" they have connections over this whole city they will find you again"
" don't you have connections over the this whole city too ? Wait what about my bestfriend? She has to come with me "
" I got everything cover lil cuz trust me"
We arrived at his house and all his boys were standing guard outside. He carried me inside and sat me on the couch beside my mom and my aunt . I started to cry,  i thought I never see my mom again. She hugged me gently because she could tell I was a little bruised up. I heard a familiar voice come from around the corner.  It was my best friend. I was happy to see her, and I was glad she was ok. As she walked toward me someone was behind her.
" I don't get a hey either ? " the voice said softly
She came from around the corner and I couldn't believe who it was . Cami stood by the corner nervously. My trust for her is slowly coming back as days go by but I still get a bad feeling at times.
" you don't have to stand so far away." I said quietly . She walked over to me and sat down on the other side of my mom. We started at each other for a bit then we were broken out of the trance. My cousin started gathering things so we could leave.
" aight y'all let's pack it up,plane leaves in 1 hour ." While he barked orders I was a little confused .
" so everyone's coming ? "
" yea even me I think it's time to get out of the dope game, after this happened to you me and boys made a decision to start a new." I never thought I hear him say that but I'm glad he did.
Moments later everything was packed and cleaned. Didn't want to leave a trace we or anyone was ever there.
We took three cars and a moving truck and got to the airport as soon as possible. When we got there the plane was almost ready to go.