Chapter 15

The next morning we were up bright and early. My mom didn't tell me she registered us for school yesterday. Instead she gets up at 7 in the morning, we all get up to shower and get dress. I wasnt looking forward to a new school or new people but I guess I better get use to it. Jordan and Cami were downstairs waiting on me to finish doing my hair. Moments later we were in front of the school, it wasn't like my old school and I wasn't shocked. There was no one outside chilling before school or jocks making kissing faces at girls that walked by. It was bare. We walked in the school and that's where all the action was . Nobody paid us any attention which is a good thing because I'm not with the whole starring in my face thing. The bell rung and everyone went to class. Jordan, Cami, and I all went our separate ways and decided to meet up at lunch . First block was the longest class of my life the teacher focused on my the whole time and I didn't like it. Finally the class ended, I went to the next class which wasn't as bad as the first but and hour later I was glad it was over to. It was finally time for lunch and I found Jordan and Cami. " so how'd y'all like it" I asked kinda eager to hear.
" it was okay, the guys all wanted a piece of this goodness " she laughed .
" girl you say that all the time, but nobody ever good enough." I laughed and so did she.
" well my first two blocks were boring but this guy kept trying to flirt with me but I wasn't with it." She said looking straight at me. I didnt want to say anything else but I started to blush a little. Jordan just looked at the both of us back and forward. " uh I know something didn't happen with you two and Kayla you didn't tell me" she said with shocked look. " we can talk later I just want to get this day over with " I said not wanting to make eye contact. The day went on and we finally went home. I spoke to my mom then went up stairs to lay down. Today was filled with mixed feelings but overall it was good. The move was a success so far and the school not all that bad so it seems. My cousin rushes up the stairs like something bad happened. " how was school lil cuz?" He said plopping on my bed. " boy don't do that you scared me like it was something wrong" I said holding my chest and it was good. "nah but I have good and bad news." I didn't want to hear the bad news but I knew it had to be said. " go ahead and say the bad news first ig." I sighed. " well lil cuz those guys still gunning for you and me but the good news they won't find us." He new I was still worried but he rubbed my back to console me. I tried to hold my tears back but they just kept coming. " I didn't mean to ruin your day with this but I just thought you should know." I could tell he was sorry. He left my room and i just laid back on my bed. The day went by and everyone was downstairs eating. I couldn't eat anything my thoughts were getting the best of me. I got up to take my shower then I got back in bed. Jordan came up stairs and got ready for bed but she didn't bother talking to me. I guess she could tell I didn't want to talk. Cami texted my phone and asked did I want to talk but I couldn't text her back. I just rolled over to sleep. The weekend came and I didn't want to do anything, I didn't feel like myself. Cami came beside me and layed on my chest. She turned on the tv and rubbed my thigh. I wrapped my arms around her to let her know I was happy she was here. " are you okay Kayla?" She looked up at me. " I'm fine now." I smiled at her. We stayed in my bed the whole day eating snacks and watching movies. After awhile we went to sleep.
Hours later I was awaken by screaming and crying downstairs .
I rushed downstairs and saw my aunt on the floor crying her eyes out. My mom was beside her rubbing her back and Jordan rushed to me and hugged me . I didn't know what was going on but I had a feeling it was my cousin. Cami came downstairs and hugged me. I was a little confused because she didn't know what happened. I didn't bother to worry about that I just wanted to find out why everyone was crying . My mom informed me that my cousin went back to where we use to stay to tie up lose ends and something happened. They were having him airlifted to Georgia, he was in slight critical condition.