Chapter 7

-- Days later--
Kayla's POV
I'm still a little sore, but I'm finally home and in my own bed. Cami & Jordan have been here to help me whenever my mom went to work. I've been enjoying Cami's company and Jordan seems to think we would make the perfect couple. I been thinking about it but I haven't really gotten to know her that well since that day. We've been talking on and off but she doesn't seem like she wants to get close to me since that day she was on the phone. It's like somebody threaten her or me. I didn't want to ask about but now it's really getting to me. " Jordan could you leave me and Cami alone for a min" Jordan nodded and left the room. Cami looked at me with worried eyes. " why the face" I asked in a soft tone. She couldn't look at me I had to know why. " Cami why did run out of the hospital that day?" I asked bluntly . She turned slowly toward me and handed me the phone with a message on it.
It read:
You know I told you not to be over there if you don't follow what I tell you. I know you're getting close and all but it's time to get to the business, this isn't time for fun and games. That was a warning shot for the both of you stick with the plan or get buried with it. Sincerely big bro.
--End message--
I couldn't tell you how many emotions were running through my head at the moment. I just knew I wanted her to explain. She started to cry, normally I would've been sympathetic but this has to do with me alone being killed and my brothers killer. She finally swallowed the lump in her throat, and spoke up " I..I don't know what to say... i only ran into you because I had a job. " she stopped talking and put her head in her hands. " continue !" I slightly yelled she lifted her head and started to speak again. " the guy that shot you at the club was... was my brother. " she stopped talking again. " i read that, tell me something I don't know!" She looked at me again got up and started to pace around the room. " he sent me to come get you because he heard you had people sneaking around. I didn't want to do it, when I saw you in the store I saw something in you that's I never saw in anybody. I don't want to get you hurt. For the short amount of time I've known you I've fell for you" she fell to the ground and started to cry. I could tell she wasn't lying but part of me wanted to be mad at her for lying to me. Then again I couldn't because something told me to trust her and that's something I didn't do often. I motioned for her to come her and I reached out and hugged her. " I appreciate you telling me this, but I really do need to know I could trust you because cause I don't trust or let my guard down for anyone. " I said with a serious face. " you can trust me I promise and I don't do that often" she kinda chuckled. Her laugh was cute, I couldn't deny I was falling for her to but the question was should I really be falling for her? " I have a plan but Ima need your help, I need for you to be on my side no matter what. I know he's your brother but I need you" I said with hopeful eyes . She smiled and handed me her phone. " why are you giving me this?" I asked " so you know you can trust me, it has everything her ever told me to do to you and more. Hopefully it'll do some good when you're planning ."
--Night Time--
Cami ended up staying with me the whole night because she thought if she went home it wouldn't end so well. " so he doesn't know where I live does he?" I asked in a sleepy tone. " no I made sure he never followed me here, I don't want anything to happen to you or your mom I couldn't live with myself if something did." She said while rolling closer to me. It was silent for a moment then my phone started to ring. It was my big cuz.
--phone call--
Cuz: wassup lil cuz?
Me: nothing just chilling,
Cuz: thanks for making the drop for me, ''perciate it
Me: no problem, anything for you. But I have more information on devins killer.
Cuz: Ight word, let it roll out.
Me: so I meet this girl at Walmart and ...
Cuz: thought this was a serious moment
Me: it is man just listen. Anyway long story short she was the reason I got hit at the club that night . But before you get all fired up keep listening... She's not with all this helping kill me or whatever. Her brother is just crazy ya know?
Cuz: wait her brother ?
Me: yea brother my bad I forgot to mention that. But listen to me, her brother is my brothers killer and now he wants to kill me because I've been snooping around.
Cuz : and you trust that this is true ?
Me : I do,
Cuz : you changing Cuzo
Me: I had a change of heart I hope it's for the good,
/phone beeps/
Me: hold up cuz
Me: who's this ?
Unknown: is this Kayla James ?
Me : it is, why who's calling?
Unknown : this is the hospital , your mom has been transported to the hospital . She's been in a car crash .