Chapter 8

I dropped my phone and got out the bed just to fall to my knees. My eyes filled with tears, my heart was racing and my mind was clouded with every possible thought.
Cami woke up and rushed to my side and held and rocked me. She asked me what's wrong over and over again . I couldn't speak a word. The phone rung again . Cami answered and asked who it was .
--phone call--
Cami : who is it ?
Caller : it's Kayla's big cuz who's this
Cami : oh, this is Cami, Kayla's getting ready to go to the hospital.
Caller : why what's happening ?
Cami : she just got a call saying her mom was in a car crashed.
Caller : what hospital ?
Cami : Northwestern memorial hospital
Caller : I'm on the way !
--end phone call--
After Cami hung up the phone we headed for the hospital, and I still couldn't believe it was real. I prayed all the way to the hospital that it wasn't real I hoped that when I got to the hospital she just had a scratch or something . We finally arrived and I rushed to my moms room and I saw her smiling. The nurse checked her out and then left. I went by her side and hugged her.
" mom what happened to you who did this?"
she sounded weak as she spoke " I'm fine baby, calm down. It was just a minor car crash"
The police came in to ask my mom a few questions along with another person.
" good evening ladies, ma'am this is the other young women who was involved in the crash. She wants to know what would like to do about the situation . " police asked as he stared down my mom.
So now that I know that this had nothing to do with our little situation. I can focus on the plan. While my mom was getting ready to go home, my cousin came though the door and rushed to my moms side. " auntie you aaight?" When it came to family my cousin had a soft side. My mom nodded. The nurses finished helping my mom, moments after my cousin drove us home. We put my mom to bed and headed to back downstairs.
My cousin turned to me and said " we need a plan if we really gone do this, but we all had a long day so Ima stay the night and we'll talk it over later. Goodnight lil cuz "
I looked at him and headed up stairs with Cami following behind me.
-- the next day--
While my mom was still sleeping we decided to cook breakfast and planned. " so what do we do? How are we going to do it ?" I asked
" we ? Lil cuz ion want you in this. I almost lost you I can't have it happen again and lose you for real ." He said with a sincere tone
" I want to be apart of it somehow if I can't be apart of the actual action , please and I don't say that often "
" aaight, well I called my guys earlier and told them wassup and well here's the plan . We get lil miss thing over here to lower them to this spot and then some of my boys will come in to seal the deal with some of the guards her bro might have around him . She will help us identify who's who around the gang. You think you can do that ?"
" I got this, I hope. I'll do this for Kayla " she blushed as she said this and I kinda did to.
" aaight cool, so after you give us that information then we will go I'm take em out and deal with your brother"
I looked over at Cami. " you really up for this ? I mean you want to betray your brother like this ? For me, someone you barley know?"
She nodded and We all stared at each other for a minute and my cousin finally ended the silence " so do you know any information about any members now?"
" yea I've been around them ever since I was little, and my parents died they were like family besides my brother. I know he's my brother but he's done some really messed up things in his life that I've been apart of that I don't like to remember. I know this sounds bad but if he why he deserves then he does"
I put my head down and thought back to when I was in Devin's room and thought about what he said. I whispered to myself, "I'm sorry devin but I have to do it forgive me. Rest up lil bro"
-- hours later--
My mom woke up and came downstairs and I gave her food. I asked her was she okay and she nodded. My phone started to ring and I headed to the next room to take the call.
--phone call--
Me : hello ?
Big cuz : plan goes on tonight, and I need your help with it. You down ?"
Me : you know it. What you need big cuz
Big cuz : all I need you to do is make sure Cami gets there and then make sure she and you get out safely.
Me : I wanted to do more. But I got you. What time will this go down ?
Big cuz : 7:30 pm we need to get this over and done with.
Me : right. I'll hit you up when we on the way .
-- end phone call--
The door bell rang and my mom goes to answer it. " Kayla, Jordan and Cami are here"
She lets them in and they head in the room where I am. Jordan doesn't know anything about what's happening tonight and I practically begged Cami not to tell her. She agreed. I decided that after all that's happened we all needed what Jordan would call a " shopping break". " Kayla you ready ?" I nod " yea my mom is coming to I think we all need a little relaxing time ya know ?"
She nods in agreement and we all get in her car and head to the mall. We must have been in there for hours. I checked the clock and it was already 6:30. " Jordan I think that's enough for one day my arms are tired and my feet have touched the mall floor enough today can we go back to my house?" I almost fell to the floor while trying to get my words out.
" okay okay. I guess we can."
We headed back to my house and Jordan waved goodbye . Which was good she left on her own free will I didn't want to have to beg her to go and end up spelling the plans for tonight. I didn't need for her to worry.
My mom headed to her room for bed, I told her me and Cami might head out for a few just chill so she won't be worried about us. It was now 7:25, my cousin texted me to go ahead proceed with the plan.
I got dress and so did Cami . We got in my mos car and headed to her brothers gang hangout. I parked 2 blocks down so I won't be spotted or in the way when things got heated and I know they would.