Chapter 37

#MMIM37

"Dinner is served!" I grinned.

Kumunot ang noo ni Vale, pero ngumiti rin siya agad. "We can't have kids."

Humagalpak naman ako at binuksan yung bucket ng chickenjoy sa coffee table. Nandito kami sa couch ngayon dahil nagaantay kami nung pag-release ng kaniyang album. Buong araw akong sobrang excited para sa kanya, pero ngayon mukha naman na siyang kinakabahan!

Ang sabi niya, ayaw niya raw muna tignan ang social media pag released na. That's why we're here, eating dinner by my couch. In a few minutes, he's releasing his first album and.. he's just sitting here eating Jollibee.

"Excuse me, Vance Enrique. Kids like Jollibee kaya."

Tinawanan niya ako at inilingan. "You're not feeding our imaginary kids Jollibee every night."

"Edi McDo, problema ba 'yon?"

Bahagya siyang tumawa at hinalikan ako sa pisngi. "Pray ka na."

I nodded and closed my eyes. "Lord, thank You for good food na edible naman po sa mga imaginary kids."

I heard him chuckle, pero nakapikit lang kaming dalawa kaya pinagpatuloy ko pa rin ang pagdadasal. "Thank You for provision, and thank You for the life of Vale. I pray that You may bless him even more abundantly and let others be blessed with his upcoming album! Amen!"

"Yung pagkain, babe."

"And please bless and sanctify the food that we are about to eat. In Jesus' name, amen!"

I grinned at him as we both ate our food. I've heard his songs in his album, and I'm beyond proud of him. I just know others will be blessed once they hear it, too.

Once we finished eating, inayos ko na agad ang pinagkainan namin habang siya naman ay nagtapon nung ibang mga basura. He then sat on the couch once again and grabbed his guitar.

Pinunasan ko yung kamay ko pagkatapos hugasan yung mga pinagkainan at tinignan siya. I smiled as I heard a familiar tune from the guitar. We both heard this when we went to a praise conference of Elevation Worship last month.

"I like that song."

Lumingon siya sa akin at ngumiti. I sat down beside him and pulled the blanket over myself while he started singing.

"When You walked across the room and asked me to dance with You, You said 'you're the one I choose,' I couldn't believe it," he sang. "And You weren't just passing by. No, You looked me in my eyes and I found my paradise.. oh, You are my paradise, I'm not leaving.."

He nodded to me, and I sang along with him.

"Even if the sun drops out of the sky, even if the starts stop shining at night, even if the drummer stops keeping the time, if your hands are in mine, I won't stop dancing." We both smiled while singing together. "Dancing on the mountain of a victory. Dancing through the valley of a broken dream. Dancing on the plains of the in between—if it's You and me, I won't stop dancing."

This happens at least once a week. We just sit here at night, singing and worshipping God. But tonight is different. My heart is completely melted, and as I sang along with him, as we both worshipped, I realized..

We're both completely, truly, madly, deeply in love with our God. When we first heard this song in that conference, I couldn't help but feel that kilig, not with Vale, but with my Lord. It was the kind of love that was so different from the love I felt with other people.

And seeing how in love Vale is with God, too.. it made me realize that he is the one I want to spend every day with. He is the one I want to sit at night with, he is the one I want to worship and serve God with.