Empty

JACE POV

I woke up from my not so pleasant sleep. It was horrible because i kept feeling pains around my body and it felt different because Ira wasn't here.

After discussing things with Sam last night, he allowed me and some of my men to stay here whie my Betas and the others left to our territory. I had only been sleeping for about 4 hours.

I sighed and got off the bed before putting my grey sweats and black tee on. I walked out of the room and headed for the stairs. It felt wrong eating in a situation where my mate could possibly be starving but i needed the energy and i knew Ira wouldn't be happy that i'd do that to myself.

I walked into the kitchen, staring at the ground but i looked up and saw Dan sitting on the stool, eating so i looked back to the ground. But the scene replayed in my head and i looked up quick, staring at him in shock.

"What?" He asked as he noticed me staring at him. My eyes just grew bigger and he groaned. "What Jace?" He asked in an irritated voice.

"You-you're eating bacon!" I yelled, pointing to the plate of bacon in front of him. He looked at the plate and chuckled before chucking another peice into his mouth.

"It's good." He stated, shrugging his shoulders. "I kind of liked the bbq." He added. I catiously walked over to him and sat on the stool next to him. I sniffed the bacon and nodded, yep it was deffinantly bacon.

"But you we're vegan!" I yelled, still shocked by this. "And you hated the chicken stuff i fed you!" I added.

"Yeah but i hate chicken. Those sausages were good. Bacon, ham it's good!" He said while getting up and walking to the sink.

"But you were vegan for so long!" I yelled, louder this time.

"I know but i was tired of always having to eat those stupid pills that give me extra nutrients and proteins because i'm a werewolf so i needed them! And fruits and veges hardly fill me up! And i hate those organic foods, they taste like plastic! Why didn't you tell me that meat fills you up and provides good nutrients and shit?" He yelled back, turning around and crossing his arms as though he were mad at me.

"Trust me bro, i tried." I chuckled. "So you could say that Ira did you a favor?" I asked but my wolf howled in pain from the memory of his mate.

"Yeah, i guess you could." He smirked and then i watched as he walked out of the kitchen. It was hard to think of Dan eating meat but i guess it was for the best. If he was happy.

(A/N: SUPRISE! There was a reason to why i made that the dare. I didn't want to tell you guys btw. People been giving me beef, i understand but trust me, there is a reason to why i make the characters do things. Just have to be paitent and go with the flow, :) x).

I shook my head and looked around the empty kitchen. I spotted the fruit bowl and arms length away from me so i grabbed an apple and starte eating it slowly.

I wonder what she is doing right now. Is she in pain? Fear? Starving? Are they torturing her? I asked myself all these questions and it made me sick, thinking that i was sitting here peacefully, eating an apple when all those things could possibly be happening to her.

I threw the apple at the pantry and watched as it smashed into a million peices. I growled and stood up fast, my breathing uneven. In times like this before i met Ira, my noodles would calm me down but now that i've met her, she's the only thing that can cam me down.

I need a run. I nodded to myself and ran out the kitchen door, shifting halfway through the door. I ran into the woods, not slowing down and never stopping.