Found

IRA POV

Three days.

It has been a good three days since I left. Everyday I've spent it with Jack. He's such a cool, kind hearted person. As time went on, I felt myself getting closer and closer to him and I can tell that he feels the same way.

On a normal day, we would wake up then we would get up and go hunt and eat. Then during the day we would just chill, play a couple of games, talk, Jack would show me around the place, go for runs, sometimes even train. Then at night, we would take turns to have a bath in the pond, while the other person would wait in the tree house.

I had almost forgotten about Jace. Almost positive that he no longer cared for me and had moved on. I tried my best not to think about him but at certain times he would creep up into my mind. It was especially when Jack and I were in a deep meaningful conversation when a voice in the back of my head would tell me that I was being stupid and that Jack is just a rebound.

We had became closer than friends.

I don't know why my mind wanted to form this relationship. My theory is that I was searching for someone to replace Jace because of the pain he had caused. Jack just seemed to be the first guy that popped up. Exactly what that voice was telling me: rebound.

"What happens if I find my mate and we're still together?" Jack suddenly asked, his voice low as if trying to not break the silence. I sighed lightly as I patted his chest that I lay on.

"You can go to her, Jack. It's up to the fates with who we end up with." I replied, my mind drifting back to Jace.  He kissed the top of my head and pulled me slightly closer.

"This is why you're so great." 

I smiled and looked up at him, resting my chin on his chest. He stared at me, lust clear in his eyes. I stared back and leaned in to give him a peck. After, I turned around and got comfortable.

"Good night, Ira." He whispered.  My sad smile spread across my lips as I closed my eyes and fell into a deep sleep.

JACE POV

Pain and guilt is all I've felt in the past three days. Emotions and feelings completely new to me.

She's actually gone. She actually left me.

Being able to control your wolf is an Alpha quality I lacked. I was not strong enough to hold him back, and now I must suffer the consequences. A part of me glad that she was able to get away from me, away from this monster, but majority of my body wanting her back to prove my worth.

So of course we've been searching. We've looked all over my territory but nothing has returned positive. Hardly any leads, only scents that get us hyped but end up leading to disappointment.

Sometimes we get so close. We catch her lingering scent but then it gets lost in the winds. That's probably the worst feeling. The feeling that you've got her back and then she's gone, again.

"Nothing Alpha." 

I look up from my papers and see Cliff standing in front of my office door, his clothes muddy and telling me he had just finished his patrol

"Where did you search?" I asked him, looking back down and rubbing my forehead. His news was no surprise but it did sadden me.

"The east, as you requested. All the other boys said they found nothing too." He replied respectively. I looked up and nodded at him, watching as he left before releasing a loud sigh once he was gone. 

We've searched every corner of my territory probably about three times now in the three days she has been gone. I decided then that we would finally start looking outside my territory the next day.