Exam Fever

The following week was busy with reading and studying activities, they are now in the weeks of their final exams. Everyone was serious, teachers do the last minute teachings and students did their last minute learning, even the un serious ones attended tutorials and  they seem to have their head buried in a book.

It is called the 'Exam Fever'.

The serious students who had been studying from the beginning of the session finds their exams really easy while the playful ones who used the 'fire brigade approach' seems to have one complain or another.

Teniola and her group of friends happens to fall in the first category, she finds all the exams she has written so far quite easy, the only subject giving her cold feet is  Mathematics which was a compulsory subject to pass, the exam is coming up in two days time and she is studying really hard for it.

"Did she apologize?" He asked leaning on the desk as he stood beside her. She looks up from the calculator in confusion.

"Excuse me?"

"Did Henrietta apologize?"

You mean the half ass apology she spewed in front of me, leaving with an hanging threat. Yeah, right.. An apology.

"Of course" I said turning back to the algebraic calculation I was sorting.

"She did?" His voice laced with surprise.

"Did you expect her not to?" I asked.

"I thought she wouldn't, a good opportunity to send her packing" I sigh at his words. 

"That is not a good reason to send her home, you don't threaten someone to apologize, they do it from the willingness of their heart" I cautioned him.

"Are you trying to say it was not a full fledge apology?"

"I don't know your definition of a full fledged apology but she at least said am sorry. Don't force people to do things Shubbie "

"Noted... What are you doing?" He gestured at my book.

"Reading.. Obviously" I said picking up my pen, writing down the equation as i solve the problem.

"That is not correct "

"Uhn?" I look up from my notebook.

"You got it wrong from here" he said tapping the third step I wrote down in the book.

I stare at the particular solution and still couldn't find the error.

"I don't get you"

"Let me show you.. " taking my pen from my hand, he began the solution pointing out some of the mistakes I made and explaining it further to me.

He is really good.

"Bravo! Scholar mii!" I hailed him clapping hysterically, he glared at me but you could still see that smile on his face.

I did the next equation following his explanation and surprisingly I got it this time.

"Are writing SAT?" He asked.

"Yeah, are you?" He nodded.

"What are your plans after school?" He asked again.

"Well... Am planning on studying in Nigeria, but my parents do not seem to be on the same page with me, they want me to follow my brothers footstep hence making me write SAT even when I have registered for jamb."

"They want what's best for you"

"Umm... But they forgot they had a rebel as a daughter"

"What do you mean?" he asked suspiciously.