Hell Bent

Hello everyone!

Here's the next chapter - I hope you enjoy (this took ages to write - a very long episode)

Also I will try my best to maintain my goal of uploading each weekend but I am now juggling university and a job as well so ... (but I'm sure it will be fine)

Thanks again for all your support and comments. And your suggestions, keep them coming in!

As always, I hope you enjoy and thank you for reading. Please let me know what you think!

Robyn

The words 'Hell Bent' appeared on the screen before anyone could contest the Doctor's decision. The room was apprehensive about what they would see, especially with the way Clara and the Doctor kept exchanging glances. The companions couldn't deny they were slightly excited to see Gallifrey undestroyed and the possibility of seeing more Time Lords but the Doctor's talk of her return wasn't suggesting anything pleasant about what was coming. They weren't given any more time to debate what was coming before the video started.

Nevada USA - a truck pulls up at a diner and 12 gets out the passenger side, wearing his sunglasses and guitar slung on his back

"What?" Bill asked, blinking at the sudden change in location and atmosphere. The group was so distracted by her question (and their own similar thoughts) that they didn't notice the Doctor's eyes widen in realisation before she sunk further into the sofa. She'd forgotten about the diner, that she'd been talking to Clara without recognising her – this was going to be painful in so many different ways.

The Doctor was brought back from her spiralling thoughts by River nudging her slightly in the side, apparently her wife had noticed her drifting attention and was concerned based on the look she was being given. Offering a small smile of reassurance, she turned to Bill who was watching her expectantly waiting for an answer.

"What's wrong?" The Doctor asked, hiding a teasing smile. She knew exactly what the group was confused but she was allowed a bit of fun. Especially with how hard this video was going to be.

Bill gave her a mildly disgruntled look that said she knew exactly what the Doctor was doing but asked anyway. "How are you suddenly in America? What have we missed?"

The Doctor smiled a bit, an odd mix between fond (of Bill) and sad (about what was coming). "I think there's been a bit of a time jump and we will go back to where we were soon." She shot a warning/apologetic/sad look towards Clara, whose eyes were reflecting the same idea.

Her answer appeared to satisfy the room as they turned back to the screen expectantly.

He enters Eddie's Diner

Amy was scrunching her eyes up, leaning froward in her seat as if trying to get a better view of the diner. "Is that the diner from our whole American trip? Before the mess in 1969? When you -." She waved her hand to try and encompass the whole fake death mess. Her words caused her husband to blink and lean forward to try and see what his wife was talking about.

"You know what, it does look like it." Rory agreed.

The Doctor blinked; she was sure she'd mentioned something about that during her time there but then again most American diners looked the same to her. "It's not the same one, but you're right it looks pretty similar." She knew for a fact that it wasn't the same one seeing as this one was a Tardis. Unless so had the last one – no that was silly, she would have known. Plus, Clara hadn't been there (or Ashildir who she was pretty sure had been travelling with Clara – she couldn't see Clara leaving her alone at the end of the universe).