The Magician's Apprentice

Hello everyone!

Here's the next chapter, hope you enjoy! Chapters are likely going to be updated every week to two weeks at the minute just depending on my schedule.

Please let me know what you think about the chapter and story, and keep the episode suggestions coming in!

Thank you again for reading and hope you enjoy!

Robyn

The group watched the screen expectantly, waiting for the newest video's title to reveal itself. They didn't have to wait long, as the title quickly revealed itself.

"The Magician's Apprentice?" Donna exclaimed upon seeing the title appear. The group was all shrugging, unable to think of what the title could be referring to. It seemed the titles were either very obvious or very obscure; nothing in between. Even the Doctor was shrugging, mentally going through her mind for anything that could fit; she could think of a few but wasn't sure if it would be that obvious.

"Maybe it's one of Eyebrow's adventures. He does dress like a magician after all." Bill suggested thoughtfully, contemplating her own adventures to see if any would fit the title.

"Good idea." Clara nodded, doing the same thing as Bill. There were some adventures she wasn't hoping to relive anytime soon but knowing their luck she wasn't going to get a choice.

With the contents of the video still undecided, the group did the only thing they could and tuned to the screen to see what appeared.

[The Planet Karn]

(Rocky and dark, as usual. The Doctor is talking with the Head of the Sisterhood last seen in Night of the Doctor. Other sisters are standing around the edge of a large pool holding burning torches.)

"Your back on, what was it called - Kam?" Amy asked, hesitating over the name, they'd only seen/heard of the planet about twice after all.

"Karn." The Doctor corrected, face thoughtful, that certainly narrowed down what this video could be about. "I guess you were right about which face it was, but this must be before the confession dial." She didn't clue the group into her suspicions of the video contents but couldn't resist a (thankfully unnoticed glance) at both Clara and the Master.

OHILA: He has asked to see you. His servants seek you everywhere. Will you go?
DOCTOR: No.
OHILA: Why do you always lie?
DOCTOR: Why do you always assume I'm lying?

"Because you normally are." Jack pointed out with a raised eyebrow.

OHILA: It saves time. The truth - will you go?
DOCTOR: No.
OHILA: When?
DOCTOR: Soon.

"She really is good at detecting when you're lying." Rose pointed out a bit reluctantly, they all had mixed feeling around Ohila.

"It's not hard, the Doctor's usually lying about important things and the unimportant things. It's usually about 60/40 whether they're lying, in favour of the lying." Mickey snorted, gaining a group of nods from everyone else.

OHILA: Why? Did something happen?
DOCTOR: No.
OHILA: Was it recent?
DOCTOR: Yes.
OHILA: Whatever it was, you owe that creature nothing.
DOCTOR: He and I've known each other a long time.
OHILA: You've been enemies for all of it.

"That's not a promising statement." River sighed, eyeing the Doctor with a suspicious look. The Doctor had a lot of enemies but this sounded very serious. Clara was also eyeing the Doctor suspiciously; she had a nagging feeling she knew what this video was going to be about.