Silence in the Library

Hi all,

I am very late I know. Life is just hectic sometimes, ya know?

Anyway, here's the next chapter - Silence in the Library. I'll to do my best to upload the second half within two weeks (but I make no promises, I have so many assignments I should be working on, but meh)

Please keep your comments coming on what episodes you want to see, and what you think of the story (it helps motivate me!)

Thanks again for reading and hope you enjoy!
Robyn

The Tardis, thankfully, seemed to take pity on the Doctor for once as the next video came up on screen. The latest title revealed itself to the group, and the Doctor immediately wanted to take back any thanks she was about to lay down on the Tardis.

"Silence in the Library?" Bill said, head tilting to the side in confusion. "What kind of title is that?"

"Not a promising one, if it is what I think it is." The Doctor muttered, face grim as she realised exactly what this video was likely to be about, after all she didn't actually have that many adventures in libraries. She couldn't help but glance at River and Donna, both seemingly to have reached the same conclusion as the Doctor based on the look they shared.

"Well, that's not reassuring." Rory grimaced, he didn't like the sound of this to begin with and based off of the Doctor's gaze, it appeared his daughter was also involved. A recipe for disaster if he'd ever seen one (and he'd seen many).

(To a background of nursery music.)
MOON [OC]: Close your eyes, and tell me what you see.
GIRL: The library.
(A massive, futuristic building which she is floating above.)
MOON [OC]: Open your eyes again. Where are you now?

"What?" Rose blinked, of all the ways for a video to start that wasn't what she had expected, though it maybe wasn't the weirdest opening they'd seen so far. No one knew what to say to her, all equally confused, except for those who had actually spent time there – though none of them were likely to give anything up this early in the video.

[Girl's home]

(Dr Moon is making notes as the girl's father watches.)
GIRL: My living room, Doctor Moon.
MOON: When you close your eyes
GIRL: I go to the library.
MOON: Go to the library now.

"I'm guessing this is the library from the title?" Martha asked, aiming her question at the Doctor.

The Doctor shrugged in response, "Probably."

"Very helpful Doctor." Martha sighed.

"As always." Mickey snorted.

[Rotunda]

(A circular wood panelled room lit by natural light from the dome above. Very classical looking.)
MOON [OC]: Are you back there?
GIRL: Yes.
MOON [OC]: The same part?
GIRL: No, it's always different. The library goes on for ever.
MOON [OC]: How do you move around?
GIRL: By wishing.
(The big entrance doors rattle.)

"I think someone wants in." Ryan declared, eyeing the doors on screen wearily. There was about a 50-50 chance that it was someone friendly, likely the Doctor, or someone threatening, which was also likely with the Doctor around.

[Girl's home]

MOON: What's wrong?
GIRL: Something's here. Someone's got in. No one's supposed to get in.
FATHER: She's never mentioned any one else. She's always been alone.
GIRL: Someone's in my library. No, no, please, that's not allowed. That's not allowed.
MOON: Listen to me. The library is in your mind.
GIRL: I know it's in my mind, but something's got inside.