The Pandorica Opens

Hello everyone!

I'm back, Wooh! And with the most popular choice - the Pandorica Opens!

We've also been more updated, so the characters come from Post - Power of the Doctor BUT pre-regeneration (so just after Yaz and the Doctor separate) because that just worked best for me.

Hope you enjoy the chapter - let me know what you think!

Hopefully the next part will be up pretty soon (as my hectic schedule is clearing up a little - the joys of juggling a job, degree, volunteering, several societies and sports and an attempt at a social life on top of writing).

Thanks as always for reading!

Robyn

The group was happily chatting away, enjoying the break and the relative peace it provided them. It had been a few hours of peace but they were starting to get twitchy, thoughts turning to where and what the group that had been taken were up to. How long would it be for them, before they returned? What would be so different that the Tardis felt the need to return them to their timeline temporarily?

They weren't left in suspense long.

A chiming noise, like someone ringing a doorbell incessantly, rang throughout the rooms. People had congregated in the kitchen, drinking tea and enjoying some biscuits they'd found in true British fashion. Upon hearing the loud noise, conversations stopped and people turned to look at each in question.

Leading the way, River shrugged, sharing a look with her parents, before making her way back to the viewing room. The rest of the group followed behind her, their curiosity as strong as ever.

They were greeted with the same room they'd left, the screen still blank, and no one new. As if the Tardis was watching, which she likely was, another noise rang out temporarily deafening the group. A blinding light, continued the assault on their senses, making them slam their eyes shut in an attempt to protect themselves, ears still ringing.

As they finally regained control of their senses, warily opening their eyes they found the missing members of the group standing in the centre of the room, looking appropriately dazed. Standing next to Yaz, there was also a new man.

"Blimey." Graham rubbed at his eyes, "I forgot about this place. How did I forget about this place?"

"The Tardis probably, grandad." Ryan shrugged, looking around the onlooking group with a smile and nod for a greeting.

Yaz laughed a little, also turning to their onlookers with a grin, "Miss us?"

"You've only been gone a couple hours." Clara smiled but copied her laugh, happy to see them return.

Ryan shook his head, "Okay that's a bit weird. Been much longer for us."

"Huh." The Doctor's sound of surprise drew the group's attention to her, only to find her looking at her hands confused.

"Doctor!" Yaz had spun round, eyes widening as she finally registered the Doctor's presence. She stood in shock for a moment, scanning u and down as if searching for something. She frowned, jovial attitude gone in a flash, "You're not ...?"

The Doctor shook her head, "It seems we're frozen here. Out of the timeline." River glanced between the two of them, both curious and concerned by the exchange occurring between the pair.

"Well, this is a cheery conversation!" Jack cut in loudly. "Nice to see you all again!"

"Erm, Doctor, Yaz?" The strange guy spoke up, gaining the group's attention to him as he peered forward a bit hesitantly. "Where are we? Who are these people?"