The Snowmen

Hello everyone! Hope you all had a great holiday (if you got one) and a happy new year!

Am I late again? Yes! But you know, I decided to take some time and enjoy the holidays with family, so sorry but not sorry.

So I present The Snowmen!

Please read the bottom for the extra notes, and enjoy!

Thanks for reading.

Robyn

The group watched in anticipation as the newest title appeared on the giant screen.

"The Snowmen?" Ryan announced, face bewildered at the title alongside most of the group.

Clara's eyes had narrowed at the screen before turning to the Doctor, "You don't think ...?" She had a strong suspicion she knew what this was about (her memories of her time splintered were slightly blurry and took some effort to think of, likely for the sake of her sanity, but she did remember them a lot better now).

"I think so." The Doctor nodded, face serious as she glanced briefly at Amy and Rory.

"Well, that was helpful!" Donna declared dramatically; voice full of sarcasm.

Jack chuckled, "Only you Doc, would be able to find threatening snowmen."

"How do you know they weren't friendly?" The Doctor shot back, "And don't call me Doc!"

Everyone gave her a 'really?' look, Jack just snorted, grinning widely; "It's you ... Doc." The Doctor shot him a glare at the nickname but couldn't argue with his logic. Now the debate over the title of the video was done, the group turned to the screen ready to watch the latest video unfold.

(A shower of snowflakes with teeth heads towards Earth.)

"That's a brilliant start." Bill muttered. No one missed the look that Clara and the Doctor shared.

[Park]

(England, 1842. A large hedged area in a suburb, with one big tree and lots of snow on the ground. The other children throw snowballs whilst a lone boy builds a snowman.)
WOMAN: Walter, don't you want to go and play with the other boys and girls? They're very nice.
WALTER: I don't need anyone else.
(A man comes up to her.)
WOMAN: He never talks to anyone. He's so alone. It's not right. It's not healthy.
(The man and woman walk back inside a large building.)
WALTER: I don't want to talk to them. They're silly.
SNOWMAN: They're silly. Don't talk to them. They're silly.

"I'm starting to see how the snowmen can be unfriendly." Ryan declared, looking unnerved by the supposedly taking snowman on screen.

"Only you Doctor, would meet snowmen that could talk." Yaz gave the Doctor a pointed look, to which she received a shrug and grin, although everyone could see the grin was slightly shaky which left them all a bit unsettled; something was off.

(Walter runs away from the snowman.)
SNOWMAN: Don't need anyone else. I can help you.
WALTER: How?

"Because that isn't ominous at all." Martha muttered. The whole group was on edge; the whole atmosphere feeling unnerving and the glances Clara and the Doctor were sharing weren't happy-looking. This one didn't seem like it was going to end very well and no one was enjoying the apprehension building.

[Institute]

(50 years later. The young boy is now a sour old man watching men scraping bits of snow off snowmen with nasty toothy grins and into Kilner clip-top jars. He transports the jars back to the GI Institute and goes into a laboratory. There is a large globe on legs three steps up on a dais, which also contains some snow. Electricity crackles around the place.)