Gridlock

Hello everyone!

I am back! It's been a long (and exciting) summer, but I am back to writing. I can't guarantee frequent uploads as i am back at uni with several important reports to write up, but I will try to upload at least once a month.

I'm honestly not sure what chapter to do next so please give me your suggestions for what you'd like to see!

Anyway, enough nattering; Here's Gridlock!

Thanks for reading and please let me know what you think!

Enjoy!

Robyn

They didn't have to wait for long as the Tardis immediately played the next video; the blank screen displayed the next title.

"Gridlock? That's an interesting title." Donna remarked with a raised eyebrow.

Both Martha and the Doctor's eyes widened as they shared a glance both sharing the same thought. Martha frowned slightly, this would be the first time she was properly featured in a video and she wasn't sure she was ready.

The group wasn't blind to the pair's shared glance. Mickey turned to his wife with a concerned smile, "You think you're involved in this one?" He asked her quietly.

"I think so." She sighed; she couldn't help but glance at Jack. If this was what she thought it was about, that was going to be an interesting revelation for him.

Turning to the rest of the group she shrugged, "Let's get this over with then." As if on cue, the video started to play.

[Car 10 hot 5]

(A slightly static image of a woman is on the monitor next to a logo of the Statue of Liberty.)
SALLY [on monitor]: Salutations! This is Sally Calypso with the traffic news at ten fifteen. We've got reports of a multiple stackpile at junction five zero nine, with a spate of carjackings reported on New Fifth Avenue. So you take care now, and drive safely.
(The car shakes. The occupants are dressed in American Gothic clothes.)
MA: They're going to get in. There's no stopping them.

"Sounds like this is staring well." Amy muttered, with a raised eyebrow at the Doctor. Her glance was ignored in favour of a shared look with Martha – this confirmed they were right about what this video was about.

PA: The police are on their way, I promise. I've sounded the alarm. Repeat. This is car one zero hot five. We have a problem. Require urgent assistance.
COMPUTER: Thank you for your call. You have been placed on hold.

"Just what you need when you need urgent assistance." Rose shook her head with a snort.

MA: It's all your fault. You lied to the computer. You said there were three of us. You told them three.

"Three? Why does it matter if there's three of them?" Mickey asked with a concerned glance at his wife.

Martha grimaced as she realised the likely fate of these poor people, "Just watch, you'll find out."

PA: Repeat. Urgent assistance. Car one zero hot five. This is an emergency! Help us! Oh my God, I'm begging you, please, help us!
(Big bang. Sparks fly. Smoke starts to fill the car. Our last view of the screaming occupants is a hand sliding down the monitor.)

The group matched with shared grimaces as the pair disappeared from sight into smoke, the details of their fate unknown to the majority of the group but they knew it wasn't good.