Listen

Hello everyone!

Here's the next chapter - Listen.

It's also notably about a year since I first uploaded the first chapter of this story which is crazy - how has time gone so quickly?

Anyway, the two-parter that won the vote is the Silence in the Library (as I thought), so that's coming up next! (but please keep giving your suggestions for other episodes you'd like to see eventually). My rough update schedule is every two weeks which gives me time to deal with everything in my real life and get a chapter written, but we'll see how long that lasts.

As always, thank you so much for reading and please let me know what you think!

Enjoy,

Robyn

The group didn't have to wait as the screen turned black and the newest title immediately appeared.

"Listen?" Bill asked, face crinkled in confusion.

"That's a bit of a broad title." Yaz agreed, "Doesn't really give anything away."

"Doctor?" Amy turned to the Doctor with a raised eyebrow.

The Doctor was frowning, trying to think about what this could be referring to, and there were a lot of options. She glanced at Clara, the only thing she could think of recently that the Tardis may want to show her involved Clara. Clara seemed to have similar thoughts based on the look she was sending the Doctor's way. "I'm not sure, guess we'll just have to watch." She shrugged, finally answering Amy's question.

(The Doctor is on a world tour. First we see him sitting on top of the Tardis above the Earth.)
DOCTOR: (sotto) Listen!

Clara and the Doctor shared a knowing look, they both have a very good feeling they knew what this would be about. Clara broke eye-contact first, not wanting to notice her thoughts drifting. She'd never told the Doctor what had happened when they'd landed and she went out without him, but it seems the Doctor would finally find out. The rest of the group would also find out yet more about the Doctor's horrible childhood.

"So, this is about Eyebrows." Martha remarked. "And I'm guessing Clara?" The whole group had noticed the glances that pair had kept exchanging, apparently, they were getting two Clara videos in a row.

Clara nodded in confirmation. As far as some of the videos they'd seen so far, this wasn't too bad, outside of the new knowledge on the Doctor's 'childhood'.

[Tardis]

DOCTOR: Question. Why do we talk out loud when we know we're alone? (blows out candle) Conjecture. Because we know we're not.

The group all turned to the Doctor with raised eyebrows. "What are you talking about?" Rose said, "Are you trying to make us all paranoid?"

Clara snorted, "The Doctor decided to go down a spiral and have a crisis. Ignore most of what they say this video."

"Oi!" The Doctor protested but couldn't deny Clara's claims completely. Still, she had a feeling she didn't know everything, especially with how Clara was acting.

(He writes on his blackboard.)
DOCTOR: Evolution perfects survival skills. There are perfect hunters.
(He watches a lioness bring down a wildebeest.)
DOCTOR: There is perfect defence.
(A shoal of dazzling tuna, and a puffer fish inflates itself so the nasty spines stick out.)
DOCTOR: Question. Why is there no such thing as perfect hiding? Answer. How would you know? Logically, if evolution were to perfect a creature whose primary skill were to hide from view, how could you know it existed?