Turn Left

Hello everyone!

Here's the next chapter - Turn Left! So we can traumatise Donna.

I have planned out the next few chapters. After this is a classic ninth episode: Dalek, then Revolution of the Dalek where I will bring in Dan and update the last group. After that, its another two part-er - likely the Pandorica but not confirmed. Hope that sounds good.

Couple quick notes: the pillow thing was inspired by Maassassin who commented (thank you!); second I don't know what's going on with Rose in this video and I don't have time to search the lore, so we're going with my theory of that Rose existed with the alternative reality.

If you ever want to talk to me I am on Tumblr under the same name!

As always, thank you for reading and let me know what you think!

Enjoy!

Robyn

The group shuffled in their seats wondering what they'd be watching next. The last video had been a bit of break compared to some they'd seen recently, but not exactly a walk in the park with the emotional damage for Donna.

The Tardis didn't give them much time to contemplate everything as the screen went black and the next title appeared.

"Turn Left?" Bill scrunched up her face in confusion, "That's an odd title."

Donna's eyes had widened dramatically, a shiver going down her spine like she'd been dunked in an ice bath. She had a terrible feeling she knew what this was about.

"Donna?" Martha asked concerned upon noticing her reaction. Though whether it was to do with this video or the one they'd just seen was what she didn't know. "Is everything alright?"

Donna turned wide eyes on her, "I think I know what this is about."

"Well, that's not promising." Rory muttered mostly to himself with a long-suffering sigh.

The Doctor looked at her concerned; they couldn't think what this could be about, especially to give her that kind of reaction. "What is it?"

"Nothing you'll remember. Just ... just watch." Donna turned her attention to the screen, leaving the rest of the group mystified, more than a little curious, and very concerned.

The video started promptly after Donna's last words, leaving them no time to consider it.

[Market place]

(Pagodas and flying cars above small wind turbines. Down in the streets, lots of banners with Chinese symbols on them. The Doctor hands Donna a mug of foaming drink.)

"Oh! I remember this!" The Doctor exclaimed upon seeing the market with Donna. "But ... nothing happened?"

"For once." Nardole's sarcastic words were ignored by the group.

Donna shook her head, "Not that you knew about, or that I could remember after it happened." It was starting to hit her how many times her memories had been messed with during her time with the Doctor, and she hated it.

DOCTOR: Oh, ho, ho.
DONNA: I'd rather have a water.
DOCTOR: You are going to love it. One, two, three!
DONNA: Lovely!
(They carry on through the market.)

"Ah the rare occasion we actually make it where we're supposed to, and have a peaceful time." Yaz smiled knowingly at the Doctor who just pouted as the group chuckled.

SALESWOMAN: You want to buy shukina? Or peshmoni? Most beautiful peshmoni in all of Shan Shen?
DONNA: Er, no thanks.

There were a few chuckles at Donna's obvious lack of knowledge on what the person was trying to sell her; they could understand her confusion but it was still entertaining.