Chapter 4

Songs to listen to while reading:

Feeling Whitney – Post Malone

Play with fire – Sam Tinnesz

Harry's perspective (previous day):

"Do you think we should have invited Louis with us? I don't want him to be upset with us..." Niall rambles as we enter the pub. I really needed a drink after the day we had.

"No, he said he was tired Niall, we don't have to do everything with him you know?" I tell Niall with a small laugh as we take our seats on some stools at the bar.

"I know, it's just—" I block out the rest of his rant as I order myself a drink from the bartender.

Taking a deep breathe, "Can we please talk about something other than Louis feelings Ni?" I ask Niall.

"Fine, let's talk about how you haven't done what you need to for the boss yet. You don't have much longer you know? We've all done it Harry, everything will be ruined if you don't—" A loud bang of the door shutting interrupts Niall's rambling.

We both turn around to look in the direction of the loud sound.

There standing near the entrance of the pub, staring at her feet, is a beautiful girl. Really beautiful actually. Long brunette hair, my weakness.

She ignores my eye contact and takes a seat at the other end of the bar. She seems a bit nervous as she takes her denim jacket off. Fuck, she's wearing a strapless corset. Oh god, she's looking at me. I can see how green her eyes are even from the distance that we have between us. Don't panic Harry. I don't know why such a beautiful girl is by herself in a pub like this, maybe she isn't from around here? I don't realise that I'm smirking at her until she tears her eye contact away from me, to the bar tender in front of her.

"You know what the consequences will be if you don't—" I interrupt Niall once again, "I'll be right back." I state without even looking in his direction and make my way over to the beautiful girl that's caught my eye.

"You know drinking with a straw makes you drunk faster?" I say the first thing that comes to my head. Was that a stupid thing to say? Well it's too late now...

"I didn't know that the fun police were out tonight." She jokes with her American accent which makes me smile. I like her, she seems like she has a good sense of humour. I hate when girls can't take a joke, it's a huge turn off.

"You're not from around here." Oh god, why did I say that. Obviously she isn't, she has an American accent. I'm an actual idiot.

"Just here for a holiday, I live in New York. Thought it would be a good idea to see what all the hype is with pubs." She replies, she has good banter. She takes a sip of her drink which causes me to look down at her lips wrapped around the straw in her drink. Shit, stop being a creep Styles.

I take the seat next to her. "And what do you think so far?" I ask her to try and get some sort of conversation going.

"Could be worse." She says with a smile that I can't help but stare at.

I go to open my mouth to reply, "Hiya, my name is Niall. 'm just going to steal this one for a quick second. I promise I'll bring him back." Niall explains. Before I can even apologise, Niall has dragged me away towards the loos.

"What the fuck are you doing Niall?" I whisper, shoving Niall's shoulder so he stops dragging me.

He doesn't reply, just guides me into the loos and shoves me in before I can ask any more questions.