Chapter 23

Trigger warning: Violence. Please do not read if this topic makes you uncomfortable.

Songs to listen to while reading:

Need to Change – Landon Tewers (quiet an important song to the chapter)

Harry's perspective.

I'm pissed off.

I'm pissed off because King has called me in to the warehouse. I didn't even get to finish my bowl of fucking Cheerio's.

The warehouse has two floors with around five rooms on each floor. King has his own office where he keeps his personal drugs and weapons while the other rooms are used for storing shit or for torturing people.

I walk into the warehouse through the back door, walking down the corridor of the first floor until I reach the last door on the right. The smell of damp hits my nostrils instantly, I hate the smell. I enter the room, shoving the door open hard enough for it to hit the wall with a loud crack. The person tied to the chair in the middle of the room shoots their head up, making eye contact with me. I turn my head to the side to look at the camera, giving a nod to greet whoever is on duty to watch the interrogation.

They are always watching.

"Who—who are you?" The man stutters. He must be around middle aged; he has short, dark, greasy hair and a thick moustache. His body is built like a cop that likes to eat too many donuts.

I wonder if I would suit a moustache...

Not now Harry.

Let's have some fun, shall we?

"That doesn't matter. What matters is that I'm going to ask you some questions and you are going to answer them correctly." I demand, taking slow and casual steps over to the table that has all of the torturing tools on. We don't kill the men unless King orders us to, we only torture them until we think they can't take any more. Then King does god knows what with them, we just get told what to do and that's the end of it.

"I don't—I don't know anything! Please! Just let me go!"

I give a close-lipped smile and shake my head slowly, "That's not going to happen mate..." I take a breath through my teeth.

His hands are tied behind his back but I can still see that his body is trembling from where I am standing. He's part of Mendacious, I thought their men were a lot tougher than this, it doesn't matter to me, it makes my job easier to get done.

King is already pissed at me for fucking up the Vegas job, but that wasn't entirely my fault. All four of us met up at the meeting spot that we were supposed to which was at an abandoned school that was miles away from anyone. The girls stayed back in the hotel with one of the body guards while the other one was with us. Once we all got there, we realised that the buyers were people from Mendacious which we all noticed was strange from the start but we didn't say anything about it. Zayn, out of nowhere, started being all pissy and shot one of their men in the leg for no reason. It was really weird, seemed like Zayn was mad at the guy for no reason but I guess that's just Zayn.

Fucking asshole that guy.

Anyways, that caused a whole shootout to start, luckily none of us got shot but I can't say the same about the men from Mendacious. We killed three of their men that day and didn't get the money for the drugs so King was beyond pissed at us.

It's not our normal jobs to deal the drugs but King is desperate at the moment. He's been losing loads of men but he won't tell us why. Maybe if he actually got the right men to do the jobs, then it wouldn't all go to shit but that's just my opinion.