Chapter 29

TRIGGER WARNING: ATTEMPTED SUICIDE, TALK OF SUICIDE, EATING DISORDERS.

Songs to listen to while reading:

Breathe Me – Sia

Jar of Hearts - Christina Perri

Flashback to five years ago.

I run into the house, slamming the front door behind me while throwing my bag onto the floor. I stare into the distance, my lip quivering as my mind replays what happened.

Attention whore, Freddy Kruger, freak, fat.

I couldn't stay there, the whole court yard was laughing at me. Everyone heard what happened. Everyone heard what David and his friends were saying about me.

I can't do this.

Oh god.

I slowly inch my back down the door, breaking down more with the closer that my body gets to the floor. Once my body is sitting on the floor, I am fully sobbing. I sound like I'm dying.

It feels like I am.

My voice cracks as I sob, holding my body with my arms crossed over my stomach

My voice cracks as I sob, holding my body with my arms crossed over my stomach. I rock my body back and forwards but it doesn't stop the feeling of my shattered heart.

No one believes me.

I feel like someone has taken a sledge hammer and broken my heart, causing pieces to fly and lodge into my chest.

It hurts to breathe.

Tears continue to pour down my face as I push myself off of the floor and walk into the kitchen. I open the medicine cabinet and grab the first bottle of pills that my hand can find. Climbing the stairs, my mind races to find a reason to stop myself but I can't find one.

I can't find a single one.

I reach the spare bathroom upstairs, closing the door behind me. I walk over to the sink, filling the glass that we keep on the side with water from the tap. My head lifts to meet my gaze in the reflection of the mirror.

I look broken and that's because I am.

I am pathetic.

The one that hurt the most was 'Freddy Krueger'. I have struggled so much with my scars, they have just brought my own thoughts to life.

I started self-harming when I was thirteen, it was a way of coping with the feeling of not feeling good enough. Now I do it because I'm addicted and I get triggered by my own scars. It's a rough cycle that I go through every day, sometimes I win and sometimes I don't.