6. Everything Happens for A Reason

It's been a long day for Ye Jin. She's tired! For a moment, she just sat silently and stared at the ceiling of her apartment.

Tears suddenly flowed down her smooth cheeks. She didn't want to be weak like this, yet she couldn't help herself. Her heart ached like it was being squeezed.

Every day in her prayers, she never stopped praying that she would never meet Hyun Bin again.

After breaking up with Hyun Bin eight years ago, they only met once in Switzerland. At the time, they were just looking at each other from across the street.

Logically, this world is huge. It's impossible for her to meet Hyun Bin in Switzerland. However, that is what happened. Miraculously, they saw each other in Switzerland. And since that day, she had wished not to encounter with Hyun Bin again.

But today, after several years have passed, destiny found her again with the man who broke her heart, the man who has left dark history on her. For now, she couldn't think what the reason was behind their meeting.

Every time she reminisced Hyun Bin, it's like tearing back her old wound that she took so long to heal. Plus, now she has to deal with that guy almost every day. She doesn't know how she will do it.

"Ye Jin ..." Hyo Jin started talking when Ye Jin drifted with her minds.

Hyo Jin noticed the tears starting to flow from the corners of Ye Jin's eyes. Her heart also ached to see Ye Jin's gloomy face.

"Eonni, what's the reason behind all this? Why do we need to meet again after eight years?" Ye Jin sobbed.

Hyo Jin understands Ye Jin's feeling because she knows about the pain Ye Jin is going through. It seems that no one in this world can make Ye Jin lose her direction except that man. This meeting should not have happened.

"I don't blame him. It's because I'm stupid. It's all my fault. I've never hated Bin, but only when he shows up, I'll automatically be reminded of my foolishness, reminding me of the late ..." Ye Jin's voice had turned into tears.

"Ye Jin, I know you're sad. Anyway, you must be remembering about the past. But what you've done can't be undone. Even if you regret it a million times, everything doesn't change. Just do naturally. Both of you work at the same place. No matter what, you must meet him. You can't avoid this, Ye Jin." Hyo Jin counselled.

Hyo Jin doesn't even know what to say. She knows how much Ye Jin was hurt by Hyun Bin. Although Ye Jin moved on but the scars left by Hyun Bin abide inside Ye Jin's heart.

"Eonni, I regret not following my instincts to fly back to Australia when I was at the airport on that day. No wonder I didn't feel good then. Unfortunately, I'll see him again."

Hyo Jin shook her head quickly, she never agreed to this. She remembers again when she met Ye Jin at the airport on that day. The first thing Ye Jin mentioned was regret. At that time, Ye Jin wanted to cancel her plans to settle down in South Korea and wanted to return to Australia.

"No matter what, don't ever do crazy things." Hyo Jin warned.

For years they tried to convince Ye Jin to return to South Korea, but that woman remained stubborn. Now after so long, Ye Jin is finally soft hearted to go home. It's not that easy for them to let Ye Jin go abroad again.

"Eonni, I don't care if I meet him on the side of the road. But I found him at my new workplace. We're work under the same roof office. How will I face with him later."

"Ye Jin, you have to be strong. Ye Jin .." Hyo Jin paused for a moment.

"Don't you want to tell him about everything? Maybe if you express and tell him everything, your heart will be calmer after this, Ye Jin." Hyo Jin continued.