18. The Obstacles

Once Hyun Bin gets home, he rushed to his grandfather's room. He wanted to share the good news right away.

"Harabeoji, are you healthy today?" Hyun Bin approached Director Kim Jung Won.

"I'm getting better now, Bin. What things makes you happy? Did you meet Son ssi in Daegu?" Director Kim can't wait to ask.

"Yes, Harabeoji. I found her. And guess what? She finally agreed to accept me." Hyun Bin said excitedly.

Director Kim's eyes sparkled after hearing the news his grandson had just announced.

"Jeongmal yo, Bin?"

Hyun Bin nodded. He is also very grateful that finally, Ye Jin is open her heart to accept him. While he was about to give up, Ye Jin unexpectedly gave her approval.

"Bin, when you get this opportunity, you don't lose her anymore. You have to make up for your mistakes first. Repent and guide her after this."

"Harabeoji, I'm sorry. I used to be careless, I was wrong. But I never touched another woman. I swear!" Hyun Bin raised one hand to his side.

"I trust you, Bin. You have never been a mischievous child. That's why I was surprised when you got someone pregnant."

Hyun Bin just bowed, too upset with the mistake he had made.

"But I'm not condoning what you've done before. What is wrong remains wrong. It's just that what has happened, we can't turn back time. What matters is this future. You have to repent and change." Director Kim advised.

"Bin, what about the child that Son ssi gave birth to?" Director Kim wondered.

Hyun Bin was silent for a moment. Whenever regarding his son, it must evoke a feeling of tightness in his chest.

"He's gone, Harabeoji. Three months after he was born, he left Ye Jin ssi."

"Omo Omo... Oh my God... I feel very pity for Son ssi. It's must tough for her to bear." Director Kim sighed heavily.

"So, when do you want to get married?"

Before Hyun Bin could reply, there was a voice interrupting them.

"Huh, marry? Who wants to get married?"

Simultaneously Hyun Bin and Director Kim turned towards the room door.

"Eomma, when did you come back?" Hyun Bin got up in shock and approached Madam Kim Sun Ah.

"I arrived yesterday. Bin ie, where did you go? Your harabeoji is not very well, how can you leave him alone?"

"Sun Ah, I told you that Bin has something important that can't be avoided. Don't be mad at him." Director Kim defended Hyun Bin.

"Abeoji, don't spoil your grandson so much." Madam Kim glared.