35| Santa, Baby

Zach and I spend the next two days with preparations for our Christmas dinner. We went shopping for all the ingredients we need and cleaned up my apartment.

Right now, I'm standing in front of my bath mirror and eye my reflection. I'm wearing one of my new lingerie sets. A lace bra in red paired with matching scanty panties. My blow-dried hair comes down my shoulders in its natural waves. A sudden knock at the door startles me.

"Can I come in?" Zach asks through the closed door.

"Give me a second!" I quickly pull my beige turtleneck sweater dress over my head. It's slightly oversized and the soft knit loosely hugs my curves. After slipping in my navy-blue knee highs, I open the door to find Zach leaning against the door frame with his head hanging down. He looks up as soon as I step in front of him, and his hazel eyes instantly light up.

"Looking good, baby," he states and brushes a soft kiss on my cheek.

My eyes roam over Zach's body. He's already showered, and all dressed in a plaid cotton flannel shirt in navy blue and off white paired with a plain white t-shirt and dark blue jeans. His wavy hair is still slightly damp from the shower and falls into his forehead.

"You look nice as well," I retort cocking my head and rake my fingers through his hair.

Zach gives me a beaming smile and grabs my hand.

"Come on. Dinner's ready!"

I follow him into the living room and my heart warms as I take in the surrounding.

Zach has lit a fire and placed loads of candles on the windowsills and on the table which is beautifully set.

"Thank you!" I breathe and place my hands on his cheek to pull him down into a gentle kiss.

"You're welcome!" Zach replies and wraps his arms around me. He thoughtfully eyes me for a moment and then gives me a warm smile. "Sit down, beauty."

Ten minutes later, we sit in front of our homemade vegetables, cheese, and walnut tart and enjoy our delicious Christmas meal.

"I would say, well prepared food!" Zach states when he places his fork on the empty plate in front of him.

"Well, that's mainly thanks to you," I chuckle after swallowing down the last bite of my generous portion.

I must honestly say, Zach is the better cook. He's so calm and confident and seems to have a solution for everything what could go wrong. He once told me that's because he grew up with no mother and his stepdad was a terrible cook, so he had to take over that part.

"You've been a great assistant, and you bought the wine which fitted perfectly, by the way," Zach counters and leans back in his seat, placing his hand on his stomach. "I'm stuffed now!" he remarks, and I nod in agreement.

"Me too." I pat my belly and chuckle lightly.

Zach gets up and holds out his hand, "Come on. I've got something for you!"

I smile shyly and take his hand. "I have something for you too."

I quickly get my wrapped presents from the bedroom and sit down on the sofa beside Zach. The soft Christmas music coming out of my speakers and the dancing flames inside my fireplace fill the room with joy and warmth.

"You go first," Zach says with a childish smile.

I giggle and look down at the two gifts lying on my lap.

"Impatient, huh?" I tease him and hand him the smaller one, a little navy-blue box.

"I haven't got a Christmas present since I was fifteen or so. My stepdad told me I was too old for that shit. We didn't even celebrate," Zach says with a shrug, and then draws his attention to the little present in his hand. He removes the red ribbon and opens the box. Placed on a white silk cushion is the leather bracelet.