i need you

☆☆☆

One particular full moon, you snuck down to the common room. You couldn't sleep, worrying about your friends, James Potter, Sirius Black, Remus Lupin, and Peter Pettigrew.

Every full moon James, Sirius, and Peter would help their werewolf friend, Remus. They would do this by changing into their animagus, staying close to Remus, incase he would hurt himself or others. Impatiently waiting the marauders return, you paced back and fourth behind the couch. Glancing at the fire and then to the portrait hole.

You ran a hand through you hair, twiddling your thumps, and cursing under your breath. You worried for Remus, he was so sweet and caring, not to mention your best friend and your biggest supporter. And he thought of you exactly the same. He loved you with every inch of his heart, knowing that you cared about him and loved him too.

Hearing the portrait door open, both James and Sirius were carrying a tired and bloody Remus. "Sirius, James...he needs to be taken to the hostel wing!" You insisted, upon seeing the new wounds on Remus's body. "I know, but he insisted on seeing you first," James said, as him and Sirius helped him onto the common room couch.

"I'll get the first aid kit and some towels," Peter said, running up to the boys dormitory. You looked at Remus, his eyes were closed shut with pain and he winced when James and Sirius sat him on the couch. Rushing to his side, almost immediately, Sirius and James backed away. "I'll go help Peter with the towels," Sirius said. James rubbed the back of his neck, nervously, "I'll go with him," he added.

Prongs and Padfoot made their way up the stairs, leaving you alone with Remus. You brushed some of the hair from his face, a concerned look appearing almost instantly.

"Think I'll survive?" Remus joked under his breath. You looked to him, knowing that he was just trying to make you feel better about your worries. "Most definitely, but you need Madame Pomfrey," you replied, helping him out of his shirt to reveal his new wounds.

"I need you..." Remus said, lifting up your chin with his hand. Your breath hitched when he said this, then thinking that he was too tired to be completely conscious of what he was saying. "I'm not a medical professional, Moony," you said, a small smile tugging at your lips.

You both got caught up in the moment of each other. It was like you were unable to take your eyes off of the other, but the trance was broken by three boys, galloping down the stairs. You turned to see Sirius, James, and Peter, holding towels and the first aid kit. Taking the supplies from the boys you reprimanded their actions.

"You lot are going to wake up all of Gryffindor, if you keep running around the tower like that," you said. James and Sirius laughed under their breath, as Peter guilty looked down at the ground. "Your welcome for the towels," Sirius deadpanned. You smirked, shaking you head, "Don't be that way...you were going to get them anyway," you replied.

You started to wipe away the blood from Remus's chest, focusing hard not to blush just by touching him. James, Sirius, and Peter obviously noticed the sexual tension between you and Remus, therefor excusing themselves to go and get Madame Pomfrey.

Once the boys had left again you and Remus sat there in silence before he spoke. "Y/n..." he said. You hummed in response, looking into his eyes. He was staring you down, but not in a bad way. He was absolutely mesmerized by you and he loved that you wanted to help him, although he would be lying if he didn't think he was being a burden on you.

Looking into his eyes, you instinctively leaned into kiss him. Realizing that you might have read the moment wrong you pulled away, only for him to look confused, "Oh my, Remus I'm sorry. I read the moment wrong didn't I?" You asked, then continuing to ramble. "Really, I shouldn't have done that, you probably just wanted to say thank you and-," you said, but was interrupted by Remus's lips passionately on yours.

You were surprised at first, then kissing back. Pulling away for air, he wiped some of the hair that had fallen from you face. "You didn't read the moment wrong. I wanted to kiss you," he said, a small smile forming on his face.

You blushed, putting the towel down next to you. "So when you said you needed me?" You questioned. "I wasn't lying. Y/n I need you, more than you will ever know," he replied. You kissed him on the nose, "And I need you," you smiled.

Just when you were going to lean into kiss him again, you heard a cough from the side of you. There stood an annoyed Madame Pomfrey and a grinning James, Sirius, and Peter.

Remus set his hands on you waist, as you did your best to suppress an embarrassed laugh.