keep you safe

A/n- thank you for all the votes and comments for this book!!! It means the absolute world to me and your wonderful comments are keeping me motivated to update more.
If you have a request don't be afraid to pm me ❤️

Love y'all
Bambi

☆☆☆

THE PAST WEEK Remus had been acting strange

THE PAST WEEK Remus had been acting strange. He wouldn't talk to you like he usually did and it was starting to concern you. The two of you were absolutely inseparable. You and him had met in your guy's first year and just sort of clicked.

The other marauders always teased you two about liking eachother (more than friends) but even though you both wished for more, you stayed quiet.

Last week, Remus had shown up to the great hall looking bruised. You knew why, having found out about his furry little problem in second year, along with the rest of the marauders. It wasn't hard to figure out considering your friend was "sick" once a month and on the night of the full moon.

When you saw him you gasped, not ever seeing him this beat up before. The other three marauders walked into the great hall, looking tired and beat up as well. They sat down and you closed the daily prophet in front of you.

"What the hell happened last night?" You asked, looking at James, Sirius, and Peter. You then turned to Remus and put your hand up to his forehead, "Are you okay?" You asked sweetly. You heard a faint groan from Sirius and Peter, James nudged the two in annoyance.

Remus backed away slightly, not wanting you to pity him. "I'm fine Y/n," he said, then turning to eat his breakfast.

You frowned, then turning to the boys to hear what had occurred the night before. After breakfast, Remus ignored you in anyway he could.

Two whole weeks has gone by without speaking to Remus. After the first week you just assumed that he was coping with a bad full moon, then at the beginning of the second week you thought you had done something wrong.

"Why does he keep dodging me?" You asked James one day in the library. James looked up from his notes and sighed. "To be honest, I don't actually know. Sirius, Peter, and I have been trying to get him to explain but he's been avoiding us too," he explained.

James looked upset, almost as upset as you did. Hearing this, it was the last straw and you collected your books, leaving the library to find Remus.

While searching through the halls you found Sirius, who was talking to a couple of Hufflepuff girls. "Black, have you seen Remus?" You asked. Sirius turned to you and shook his head, "Sorry, no. Here's the map though," he replied, taking the marauders map out of his robes. You nodded, taking the map from him. "Thank you," you said, then heading off down the hall.

"I solemnly swear that I am up to no good," you muttered, holding your wand to the blank parchment. You searched from Remus' location and found that he was in the astronomy tower. You closed the map, "Mischief managed," and headed for the tower.

When you got up there you spotted Remus. He was looking out of the balcony deep in thought. You walked up behind him, then standing next to him. "Long time no see," you said, turning your head to look at him.

He turned his head to you, a serious expression on his face. "There was a reason," he bluntly said. You were taken back by the attitude, but it only fueled you more. "Yeah? Mind telling me why? James, Sirius, and Peter don't even seem to know. Have I done something?" You asked, annoyance clear in your voice.

Remus felt bad for being so distant. The last thing he wanted to do was hurt you, which was why he had been avoiding you. The last full moon he had almost seriously injured James, if it wasn't for Sirius knocking Remus' wolf form to the ground.

He didn't want to hurt his friends and he definitely didn't want to hurt you. The person he loved the most. "You shouldn't hang around with me. I could hurt you," Remus finally said.

A sympathetic look appeared on your face. "Remus, you would never hurt me. You wouldn't even hurt a butterfly," you said.

"The wolf could. The wolf could hurt you, he almost hurt James," Remus said, a couple tears coming to his eyes.

You saw them and quickly wiped them away, Remus expression changing at the intimate action. "That wasn't you. I know who you are and you would never hurt anyone you loved or cared about," you stated.

Remus rested his hands on you waist, as you continued to speak. "And you can't go around abandoning the people that love you," you said.

"You love me?" Remus asked.

You nodded, "Yeah. And because I love you, I would hope that you won't ever avoid me because-," you rambled, then Remus cutting you off with a kiss.

You were shocked at first, but then melted into his touch. Wrapping your arms around his neck, you pulled him closer to you.

Both of you pulled away for air. "I'm sorry," Remus breathed.

You blinked at him, "Why?" You asked, not sure to what he was referring to. "I won't avoid you. I won't ever abandon you. Y/n I love you," he admitted, his embrace around your waist getting tighter.

He truly never wanted to let you go.

You placed a sweet kiss to his lips and you both pulled away smiling. "And Remus, I love you too. I always have," you replied.

After that day on the astronomy tower, Remus never left your side. The two of you became inseparable once again, but not as best friends, as lovers.

Remus once thought that the only way to keep you safe was to let you go, but he was mistaken, the only way to keep you safe was for him to be by your side.