dancing in the rain (request)

requested by @reese_192

☆☆☆

YOU LAID in bed, unable to sleep because of the storm. You looked out your window and it wasn't too bad. The thunder was extremely loud and annoying, you couldn't take it anymore so you pulled on your boyfriend's, Remus', sweater then walking down to the common room carefully.

On your way down you bumped into the last person you expected to see. Remus. You expected him to be resting, seeing as the full moon was two days ago and it wasn't his best one. You backed away from him, looking up to see his messy brown hair and chocolate brown eyes. He smiled when he saw you, blushing when seeing you in his sweater.

"Remus, what are you doing?" You asked. He chuckled, "I could be asking you the same thing?" He replied. You playfully rolled your eyes, "Couldn't sleep. The thunders too loud," you said. "You should be resting Remus," you comforted.

"I know, but I had too much on my mind, so I thought I would take a walk. Want to join me?" Remus asked. You looked him up and down, noticing he didn't have James' cloak with him. "You don't have James' cloak, are you looking to get in trouble?" You asked.

Remus laughed under his breath, your attitude was his favorite thing about you. Especially when you and the marauders would study.

Remus pulled a folded up piece of parchment out of his jeans. "I've got the map," he said, a smirk forming on his lips.

You smirked back, grabbing his hand. "Let's go then, shall we," you said.

———

Hogwarts was rather dark at night. Remus had cast lumos so you and him could see where you were going. Some of the portraits woke up, reprimanding you and Remus about the bright light.

The map was empty, showing that there was no one around. You loved looking at the marauders map. It was such a clever idea and you were really impressed that four mischievous school boys could come up with such a thing.

You and Remus walked hand in hand around the castle. Your head on his shoulder and his hand gripped tightly and protectively around your hand. Remus looked down at the map, seeing that Filch and Mrs. Norris was coming in your guy's direction.

"Quick we have hide," Remus whispered. You looked up to him and then at the map. Seeing the problem you nodded. "Nox," Remus muttered the light going out. He had already knew what direction you and him were going to run in.

You both ran out near the great hall. You ran past it, heading into the court yard. It was still pouring rain and you and Remus were now soaked.

You both caught your breath and started to laugh. "Never expected that," you laughed. "Agreed," Remus replied. The rain had left your hair a sopping mess, but to Remus it was the most beautiful thing he had ever seen. When he looked at you, he had never seen anyone so perfect.

You smiled at each other, grinning happily from ear to ear. Remus pulled you close to him, getting into a slow dance position. "Dance with me," he said, lovingly. "It's pouring rain and there isn't any music," you laughed, leaning your head on his chest. "We don't need music,"Remus said, stepping closer to you.

The two of you danced to the sound of your and   Remus' heart beat and steady breathing. It was so peaceful and calm. Neither of you could picture anything better. As comfortable as you were, the rain started to make you cold and you shivered.

Remus noticed and pulled away from you. "Cold?" He asked. "A little," you responded. Remus wrapped you in his arms, then leading you both back into the castle.

You snuck back into your common room, hearing an ear full from the fat lady about sneaking out at night. You and Remus rolled your eyes at her, sometimes she could be so irritating.

Remus and you laid in-front of the fire to dry off. You had taken off his sweater and hung it above the common room fire so that it would dry faster.

You and him had only been dating a couple of months, after being friends since first year.

Remus watched you as you watched the fire. Your beautiful e/c eyes glistening and your hair was slowly drying. You caught Remus' gaze and turned to him. You loved him, you were sure of it. You wanted to tell him, but what if he didn't love you. Maybe he just liked having a girlfriend.

"Remus?" You asked. He broke from his trance, "Yes?" He asked in return.

"What was on your mind, causing you not to sleep?" You guessed it might have been the full moon but you still wanted to know.

Remus didn't need to think about it, but was hesitant in telling you the truth. He didn't want to sound obsessed or clingy. "You," he answered.

You lightly smiled, "Me?" You didn't quite believe him. Butterflies filled your stomach.

He laughed nervously, "Yeah, I just-your so...amazing. I don't know what my life would be like without you in it. Y/n, I love you," Remus admitted.

This made you grin and you scooted closer to him. You brushed some of the hair from his face, "Remus Lupin, I love you too," you replied, leaning into kiss him.

☆☆☆

A/n- I hope you enjoyed this one. Sorry if it sucked, I completely understand it f it did

Love y'all ❤️❤️