bedtime stories

A/n - inspired by a post I found on tumblr 🤧

☆☆☆

REMUS woke up to the sound of a baby crying

REMUS woke up to the sound of a baby crying. It was coming from the nursery across the hall. Remus got out of bed, careful not to wake you. He tiptoed to the room that held your child. His name was Simon, you and Remus decided it was the perfect name. It fit beautifully with Lupin.

When you first told Remus you were pregnant, it didn't end well. Even though you and him were married, he felt that he had put a burden on you. He didn't want your child to be a monster, like he thought himself to be. He also didn't want you or his child to he put in any danger because of him.

You reasoned with him and reassured him that everything was going to be okay. He trusted you immensely and took your word for it.

During the pregnancy, Remus treated you like you were a porcelain doll. He didn't want you to get hurt in anyway and acted like you would break on the spot. You loved Remus immensely but you didn't know why he thought that your child would break you.

A perfectly healthy baby boy was born and he did not turn out to be a werewolf. Something Remus was glad for but you didn't mind either way. You already knew how to take care of a werewolf, taking care of two would have been no problem.

———

Remus took Simon out of his crib and rocked him back and fourth to get him to go to sleep. It didn't work, as first attempts of getting a child to sleep never do. He then walked downstairs to the kitchen. Getting a warm bottle of milk.

The warm milk seemed to help Simon but he was still a little restless. Remus took Simon back to yours and his shared room. Sitting in the rocking chair near your side of the bed, he rocked the child, then he began to speak softly.

"Do you want to hear a bedtime story, Simon?" Remus asked. The baby was quite and Remus chuckled, "I'll tell you one anyway. Once upon a time, there lived a beautiful maiden. She was kind and smart, also very patient and loving. Her name was Y/n and she could see beauty in everything. Even in beasts, but that is a different story," Remus began.

You were fast asleep, with no recollection of this ever happening. Remus looked between you and your child as he continued the bedtime story.

"Your mother-er um the fair maiden, Y/n, met an evil troll from the dungeons, Snivellus, who was constantly making evil potions. But Y/n was too trusting and kind to see his evil plan. Her brave knights, Sir Remus, Sir Sirius and Sir James warned her to not approach the evil troll. However the fair maiden was just too trusting. The gallant knight, Sir Remus and his best mates Sir James and Sir Sirius, guarded the castle the fair Y/n lived in," Remus continued.

"One day while Sir Remus was scanning the castle grounds from his magical map. He saw that the fair Y/n had encountered the evil troll Snivellus. Sir Remus grabbed his best mates and went to save the fair Y/n from Snivellus. When he arrived Sir Remus saw his fair maiden take drink from the most evilest of potions and he was too late. The troll had poisoned the fair maiden Y/n, causing her to sleep for many years. Sir Remus, Sir James, and Sir Sirius fought the evil Snivellus, banishing him from the castle for good. After the fight, Sir Remus thought he had lost his one true love, but Sir Sirius remembered that true loves kiss can break any spell," Remus smiled, looking at Simon who was still holding onto the bottle of milk.

"So Simon, Sir Remus took the fair Y/n into his  arms and gave her a true loves kiss. She awoke and thanked Sir Remus, and also agreed to marry him. Mum and Dad lived happily ever after," Remus finished, as Simon's eyes fully closed. Remus smiled, looking in admiration for his son.

He put your child back into his crib, walking back to bed to snuggle with you. You were still fast sleep, laying on your back. Remus leaned down and lightly pressed a kiss to your lips after bringing you into his arms.

Very calmly your eyes fluttered open. You smiled at Remus, although a little confused by the gesture. "True loves kiss really does break any spell," Remus mumbled to you. You had no idea what he meant, but you didn't seem to mind.

You snuggled closer to him, your head pressed up against his chest. "How's Simon?" You mumbled. "He's fine, just gave him a bottle to calm him down," Remus replied in a soft whisper. Remus wrapped his arm around your waist pulling you closer to him in bed. He gave a light kiss to your forehead and you fell asleep in his arms.