jealousy pt.2

☆☆☆

YOU AND LILY EVENS were in the library studying Friday evening

YOU AND LILY EVENS were in the library studying Friday evening. "Looks like I have a date as well tomorrow," Lily inquired, closing up her potions notes and textbook.

You looked up at her with a pleasant smile, "I hope it's my dear brother, instead of Snivellus," you replied. Lily rolled her eyes at the mention of Snape's nickname, "Severus did not ask me out, he's just my friend. It was actually your brother though," Lily smiled, a small blush coming to her cheeks.

You gaped at her, "Oi! I thought you hated him," you said.

"Hate is a very strong word," Lily defended. "Who are you, and what have you done to Lily Evens," you gaped.

Lily playfully rolled her eyes, "Ha. Ha. Your brother has changed. He's sweet," she smiled. You gagged, "Ew, don't talk about my brother like that. And he hasn't changed...you have," you replied.

Lily nudged you, "Anyway, looks like I'll be able to see you and Desmond," she giggled. You playfully rolled your eyes, "It's not that big of a deal. I only said yes to him because I thought it would help me get over you know..." you trailed off.

Lily gave you a sad look. "Why you've never told Remus your true feelings, I'll never understand," Lily said, solemnly.

"He doesn't seem interested in me like that. I'm his best friend's sister. They're like brothers, he probably sees me the same way," you justified.

Lily and you then packed up your belongings, heading to the common room for the night.

———

The next day, you walked down to the common room to see Desmond waiting for you at the bottom of the stairs. You weakly smiled and it seemed to be good enough for him because he grinned back.

'Maybe if I kiss him, I'll like him. Plus he likes me that has to count for something...' you trailed off in your mind.

"Good morning m'lady," Desmond joked. This made you blush, no one had ever shown that kind of affection towards you. "Morning, shall we head down for some breakfast before going to Hogsmeade?" You asked. Desmond nodded, then taking your hand.

You weakly smiled, feeling awkward in his embrace.

———

Remus nearly choked on his breakfast when he saw Desmond Thomas holding your hand. The two of you were walking into the great hall together and near your friends.

You sat down next to Marlene and Lily, Desmond on the other side of you. He was sitting directly across from Remus. Remus felt upset, it hurt to see you with another person, if only he could tell you how he felt about you.

"What's this?" James asked you, glaring daggers at Desmond. You glared at your brother, "Everyone, this is Desmond Thomas," you introduced. The four marauders mumbled 'hello's and the girls all knew him anyway. Him having flirted with each of them in the past.

A fact that made the four marauders, especially Remus uncomfortable with. But you wanted to give Desmond a chance.

Breakfast was quiet and after, Desmond had taken your hand and lead you to Hogsmeade village.

———

"So after we graduate Hogwarts, I was thinking of making it on one of the professional quidditch teams. I have a couple of offers from the Chudley Cannons and the Montrose Magpies. I really think I have the potential to make a wonderful professional beater," Desmond said, as you and he were walking through the crowded Hogsmeade streets.

You just nodded, uninterested. You thought Desmond was pretty dull and it was proven that he only cared about himself.

"That's great, I really want to-," You started to say when he interrupted. "Did I tell you my Uncle took me to France over the Winter Hoildays. It was absolutely wonderful." Desmond said, giving you his usual charming smile.

You shook your head and he continued to tell story after story, barely letting you talk.

Little did you know that a few steps behind you, were Remus, Sirius, and Peter under the invisibility cloak. Peter changed into his rat form and was sitting on Sirius' shoulder, meanwhile, Remus was listening and watching you and Desmond intently.

Every time Desmond spoke Remus rolled his eyes. "Why won't he let her speak?" Remus whispered.

"Relax Moony, you'll get your chance to save the day. There's a common room party tonight. Perfect time to tell her how you feel," Sirius replied.

Remus turned to Sirius and raised his eyebrow at him, "I can't do that. I wouldn't even know what to say," Remus dismissed.

"Tell her you don't like Desmond and that you and her should go out instead," Sirius suggested. "Flatter her," Peter mumbled.

"I can't believe I'm listening to your advice," Remus said to Sirius, he then shrugged off the cloak and went into the nearest store. He didn't want to see you and Desmond anymore, it hurt too much.

———

You and Desmond were now in the three broomsticks. Looking over to the other side of the room, you saw your brother with Lily Evens. They looked to be having a good time. James saw you looking over in his and Lily's direction and got up. They were heading over to you and Desmond.

"Hey guys," James said, as he and Lily took their seats on the other side of the booth.

"Hi?" you asked, questionably. Something wasn't right and you could feel it. Before Desmond could say hi as well, Sirius and Peter strolled into the bar. Now you knew something was definitely up, but if that was the case, where was Remus. Didn't he care? You knew your friends were being overprotective, but the lack of presence Remus showed made you realize he would never truly care.

'Fine. If that's how it's going to be then Desmond it is then,' You thought to yourself.

You didn't care if he was dull or talked about himself too much. He was the only guy to take an interest in you. At that moment you took Desmond's hand and he held it back. It felt less uncomfortable when wanting to prove a point.

Sirius and Peter sat down and chatted with James and Lily. Then talked to you and Desmond about the party at Gryffindor Tower.

Meanwhile, Remus was looking longingly behind the glass window, planning a way to confess his feelings to you.

☆☆☆

A/n- there will be a part 3 so stay tuned!!!

Love y'all ❤️❤️
Bambi