just a kiss

☆☆☆

GRYFFINDOR PARTIES always get out of hand

GRYFFINDOR PARTIES always get out of hand. This time you never expected to drunkenly kiss your best friend, which caused your true feelings for each other to be revealed.

Sirius and James had planned the most outrageous party you could think of. Everyone in your house was there and the prefects, one of them being Remus, were partying along just as hard as Peter, Sirius, and James.

You had a long and stressful week of school work, so you wanted to get pretty shit-faced tonight. You were already on your second fire whiskey and were feeling pretty tipsy. Looking around, you spotted James and drunkenly went over to him.

"This party...rocks!" you exclaimed, trading in your empty bottle for a new one. James had never seen you this wasted before, "Y/n, how many of those have you had?" he asked. You shrugged, "This might be my third...I don't know?" you slurred, then almost losing your balance.

James let out a breath, "Evens!" he called out. Lily then approached him, almost asking him why he called her over.
Then she saw you, "Y/n!" she said, as you almost fell to the floor. "How much did she have to drink?" Lily asked.

"She said, three. I think," James said. "Okay, I'll get her some water and sit her by the fire," Lily said. James nodded, as Lily took you near the fireplace.

Remus was hanging out by the fireplace, slowly enjoying a bottle of fire whiskey. When he saw you, a worried expression was plastered on his face.

"Relax, Remus. She's fine, she just needs to sober up," Lily said, knowing how Remus was always worrying about your well-being. It was plain to everyone except you how in love he was with you.

"Watch her," Lily said, as she walked away to get you some water. You turned to Remus and a smile washed over you. "Moony! My moony.." you trailed off, leaning your head on his shoulder.

His stomach filled with butterflies as he heard you say "my moony". "You okay," Remus whispered, realizing how close you both were. "I'm great, I got you right?" you asked, starring into his beautiful brown eyes. "Yeah, you got me," he replied in a whisper.

As you looked into his eyes, you felt connected to him. You never wanted to leave his side, "Remus," you spoke, then leaning in to kiss him.

He kissed back almost immediately, then pulling away. "I can't," he said, not wanting to take advantage of you in your drunken state. He didn't want your first kiss with him to be some drunken mistake. Before he could see the hurt in your eyes, he got up, walking over to where Sirius, Peter, and James were.

———

When you woke up the next morning, the only thing you could remember about the party was kissing Remus. It was Saturday morning and everyone had a free day to do whatever they pleased.

Usually, Remus read by the black lake, to get some alone time from the other marauders. You quickly got dressed, heading out the portrait hole.

You saw Remus reading near the black lake, just as you expected to find him. You sat next to him, turning your body towards him. He saw you but continued to look down at his book.

"Why did you say you couldn't?" you asked, sincerely. Remus closed his book, turning to face you, "I didn't want our first kiss to be your drunken mistake," he replied.

You lightly scoffed in defense, "Well...I wanted to kiss you," you defended. Remus's face flushed as you said that, "Well...I really liked kissing you," he said, then closing the gap between the two of you.

The impact sent you laying on the grass as Remus's arms snaked around your waist, pulling you closer with every kiss. Eventually, you both pulled away for air and before you could speak, you heard distant clapping.

Turning your heads you saw, the other three marauders, Lily, and Marlene. "That was quite the show," James said, causing Lily to nudge him in the arm.

You and Remus playfully rolled your eyes, as you leaned in for one more quick kiss.

A/n- thank you guys for the votes and reads!!! It means the world to me and I hope you guys like this book so far

Love y'all ❤️❤️