the insult

A/n- angst, crying, and bullying.

☆☆☆

LOOKING UP from his transfiguration essay, Remus saw you walking into the common room, he smiled as you walked towards him

LOOKING UP from his transfiguration essay, Remus saw you walking into the common room, he smiled as you walked towards him. "Y/n, hey," he said, scooting over, so you could sit next to him. You sat down, wiping a tear from your eye.

Noticing your sad figure, Remus' face dropped. "Oh my Merlin, Y/n what happened?" He asked. You broke, crying onto his chest. He rubbed your back reassuringly, knowing that when you were ready you would talk.

You eventually lifted your head up, your tear stain faced making Remus' heart break. "I was walking to the common room from the library and Snape came up to me," you paused, taking a breath.

Remus was all ears, especially if Snivellus was involved.

"He came up to me, so did Mulciber and Barty. They crowed near me, calling me a filthy mud-blood. I tried to get away, but they crowed me into a corner. I thought-I was-going to," you started to cry into your hands.

Remus continued to rub your back, but he was insanely mad. How could they scare and want to hurt you like that. It didn't matter that you were a muggle born, you were one of the top students in your year.

Next to Remus and Lily of course.

"Hey, look at me," Remus said, doing his best to sound comforting, instead of pissed. "Your safe now. I won't let anyone hurt you. Do you understand?" He said, lifting up your tear stained face.

You nodded as he pulled you to his chest. You fell asleep on Remus' chest, softly crying until you couldn't anymore.

Remus was still pissed at Snape, Mulciber, and Barty. He needed to get back at them for scaring you, he needed James, Sirius, and Peter. Just as he was thinking of the other three marauders, James and Sirius came down the stairs.

They saw you snuggled to him and silently 'awed'. Remus shushed them and slowly got up, doing his best not to wake you. "We have a new mission," Remus stated, he was dead serious.

James and Sirius looked at Remus, all in, but a little confused. "Okay, what is it," Sirius asked. "Snivellus, Mulciber, and Barty ganged up on Y/n just now in the hall way. They scared her and Y/n thought she was going to get hurt, badly. I don't know how she got away," Remus said, a mix of anger and sympathy in his voice.

Sirius clenched his fists and James pursed his lips together. "We need to teach them a lesson. They can't do that, what if that happened to Lily. I couldn't let anyone hurt her," James explained.

Remus nodded, understanding the feeling. With all of the death eaters and you-know-who coming to power. Remus worried for you safety because you were muggle born. He was always by your side whenever you had classes with any of the 'death eater' students.

"I have an idea. James grab your cloak and the map. Remus and I will carry Y/n to her dorm," Sirius explained. James and Remus nodded, as James quickly went up to the marauders dorm. Sirius and Remus carried your sleeping body to your bed. Remus kissed your forehead, placing a warm blanket onto your body.

James explained to Peter what had happened and Peter agreed that they had to teach Snivellus and his friends a lesson. They snuck out of the common room and through the halls. They found Snape, Mulciber, and Barty walking to the Slytherin common room.

The four marauders took off the cloak and walked up to Snape and his friends. "Oi, Snivellus!" Remus shouted. Snape turned around, Mulciber and Barty also stopping in their tracks. "What do you want, Lupin?" Snape snapped.

"I want to know what gives you the right to scare my girlfriend!" Remus shouted. James, Sirius, and Peter had never seen him this mad.

"The filthy mud-blood will get what's coming to her," Barty spat.

This made Remus' blood boil, as he then punched Barty in the face. Barty fell to the ground and , Snape, Mulciber, took out their wands. The other three marauders, doing the same in response.

"Say anything to Y/n, or any other one of my friends. I'll do more then punch you," Remus said, seriously. Snape, Barty, and Mulciber didn't say a thing, they just glared at Remus and the other three marauders. They walked into the Slytherin common room, leaving the marauders alone.

"Nice going, Moony!" Peter exclaimed.

James, Sirius, and Remus all looked at each other with serious faces. This blood purity bull shit was going to get a lot worse. Remus knew that he had to protect you at all costs and fight for a better wizarding world.