jealousy pt.3

☆☆☆

THE NIGHT of the party came around and Remus was extremely nervous to tell you how he felt

THE NIGHT of the party came around and Remus was extremely nervous to tell you how he felt. He kept contemplating on Sirius' advice and discovered that he needed another opinion. Not James because it took him so long to get Lily and not Peter because he never seemed interested in anyone.

So he went to the next best thing, Mary. You and Mary were good friends. But you had only ever revealed your feelings about Remus to Lily.

Of course everyone in your friend group knew that you and Remus liked each other. It was so obvious, expect for the two of you.

"Mary! I need your advice," Remus said, getting the attention of the brown haired girl. "What's up, Remus?" She asked, putting her notes aside. "I want to tell someone I love them. How do I do that?" Remus asked.

Mary looked at him, a blank expression on her face, "Well...you say 'I love you'," she replied, matter a factly.

Remus playfully rolled his eyes, "No shit, Mary. But its more complicated than that. She's seeing someone. I don't think it's official but it might be by the end of the weekend," Remus said.

Mary went wide-eyed, "You like Y/n!!!" She said a little too loud.

"What? How did you-," Remus said in shock.

"It's quite obvious Remus. She just went out with Desmond Thomas today. And you and her are always glancing at each other. Honestly you couldn't cut the sexual tension with a knife," Mary said.

Remus just gaped at her, "Well...hoping she feels the same way...I just tell her?!" Remus asked.

Mary giggled, "Yes you big goofball! Party starts in an hour, prepare yourself," she said, then collecting her notes and leaving.

———

You and Desmond parted ways on the stairs. Before he could properly kiss you, you slipped away feeling guilty for playing with his feelings. You went upstairs to the girls dormitory to find Mary studying her notes.

"Since when did you become such a book nerd?" You jokingly asked. Mary gave a sarcastic smile, "Ha, ha, very amusing. Since the NEWTS are only a year away. I've all this extra time to focus on the classes I'm taking," Mary explained.

You nodded, taking the dress out of your closet.  You then got ready for the party and soon Lily came into the dorm too. She told you all about her date and actually seemed happy and in love. Then her and Mary got dressed, Marlene came into the dorm and got ready for the party as well.

By 7:30 the party was in full swing. Peter was left to look after the music. Which was not his specialty because he played an ABBA song and then a Led Zeppelin song. Two different vibes. James was on drink duty like always and Sirius was of course flirting with a girl.

Remus was standing alone in a corner preparing a love speech for you.

You and Desmond stood together in awkward silence. You couldn't take it anymore, "I can't do this. I don't think we mesh well," you said to him over the loud music.

Desmond turned to you, "Really? I think we mesh perfectly. Your a great listener," he said.

You raised your eyebrows at him in confusion, "Only because you wouldn't let me talk," you replied.

"Whatever, I could just find another girl anyway," Desmond said.

"Why don't you go do that then?" a low voice said from behind you. You looked back to see that it was Remus. Desmond saw the angry look on Remus' face and scoffed, then walking away to find another girl.

"Remus? What are you doing here?" You asked. "I saw the two of you and you didn't look happy. I thought something was wrong so I thought I'd come over," he said, a small smile forming on his face.

You smiled back, "Thank you. I thought I could stand it. Being with Desmond, but I just don't like him. Plus he is way too full of himself," you admitted. Remus nodded, a little nervous, "Is there someone you do like?" He asked.

You blushed, the person you were in love with was standing right in front of you. "Well...yes but they'd never fancy me," you said. "That can't be true. Someone would have to be mental not to fancy you," Remus admitted, blushing.

You smiled weakly at him and took a sip of your drink. Then a surge of confidence took over him. He had to tell you, now.

He took your hand and lead you out of the portrait hole. "Where are we going?" You asked, laughing under your breath.

"You'll see," Remus replied.

Remus had taken you to the astronomy tower. It was beautiful out and a little windy. "Remmy, why are we here?" You asked. "I wanted to get away from the party," Remus replied and you nodded.

After a moment of comfortable silence, Remus spoke. "Y/n, I need to tell you something," Remus said. You turned to face him, "What is it?" You asked.

Remus looked up into your eyes and then down at your lips.
He took a deep breath, "I love you," he said.

Your eyes slightly went wide, you never expected him to say those words to you. And he continued, "I love you so much. And I'm sorry I didn't tell you sooner, I wanted to but there was always something stopping me. But then I saw you with Desmond and I knew I needed to tell you. And I know you like someone else-," but he was cut off. You had kissed him.

You began to pull away, but Remus pulled you to him by the waist. He kissed back, passionately. It was like your lips were meant for each other.

Eventually you both had to pull away for air. And when you did, you looked into each other's eyes. "I love you too," you said, almost breathlessly. Remus smiled and leaned his forehead onto yours. 

☆☆☆
A/n- last part of this imagine!!! I hope you enjoyed this. I might bring back Desmond, mainly because I like the idea of having a flirty boy-type that isn't in the marauders for Remus to be jealous of. Also he's my original character and I like developing his character.

Love y'all ❤️❤️
Bambi