potions

☆☆☆

WALKING into potions class late, the marauders glanced at Y/n, oddly. She was never late to class, ever. Having to take a seat next to Severus Snape, the girl internally groaned, knowing that the class would be awkward having to sit next to someone her friends hated.

The four marauders kept glancing at you while you would raise your eyebrows in response to their odd looks.

"Why was she late?" Sirius asked. James and Remus just shrugged, as Peter was focused on his potion. "It weird, she's never late," Remus said, sighing and leaning on his hand.

"Go talk to her Moony," James suggested. Remus shook his head, "I can't, we're in the middle of class," he defended. Sirius scoffed, "As if Slughorn is actually paying attention," he said to Remus.

"If you don't go over, I will," James said, starting to get out of his seat. "Sit down, Prongs," Remus said, glaring at his friend.

Sirius and James snickered at their friend as he made his way across the classroom to you.

"Hey," he greeted under his breath. You turned to look at your friend. The one you were in love with, "Hi," you stated, then turning back to your caldron. You never ignored Remus before and your short temper began to really worry him.

"You okay?" He asked, nervously. You looked back up from your work towards Remus, "I'm fine," you replied. He could see it in your face, you we're definitely not fine.

[ YESTERDAY ]

While walking up to Gryffindor tower, a tall and lanky boy approached you. He had long black hair and what looked to be a permanently angry expression on his face. Almost immediately you noticed him to be Severus Snape, or as your friends loved to call him...Snivellus.

Severus stopped in-front of you, holding his potions book. "I know you need wolfs bane potion, I can help you make it," he said. You looked at him in shock. 'How did he find out I was trying to make it? Did he know I needed it for Remus?' You asked yourself.

Immediately you grabbed his robes and pulled him to a corner. "What? How did- what?" You stuttered. "I know about...Remus," he said, quietly. "How?" You asked, confused to say the least. "Y/n, it's not that hard to figure out. I've been studying him," Severus said.

"Wow, you really are a creep, aren't you?" You mumbled to yourself. "What?" He asked, but you shrugged it off, "Nothing, never mind. Why are you helping me? Sorry I should rephrase...why do you want to help Remus?" You asked. It never seemed like something he would do, considering the other marauders bullied him constantly.

"I see how hurt he gets, it must be painful. Plus, I'm pretty good at potions. Of course you would know that, we're in the same class," he said. You rolled your eyes. "Fine, you can help," You agreed.

"Tomorrow afternoon before potions, meet at moaning Myrtles bathroom," Severus said, then turning on his heel and walking away.

You shook off the creepy feeling he gave you and continued to walk to your common room. When you entered the portrait hole, you were too focused in what had just happened to see, Lily, Marlene, James, Sirius, Remus and Peter calling out your name.

———

"Y/n, I know something is up, would you just tell me," Remus pleaded. You didn't know why you couldn't just tell him that Severus knew his secret. Probably because if you did, James would find out and punish Severus for stalking them and you. You didn't want to be the cause of Snape's torment . What the marauders did on there own time was their business.

"Remus, we're in the middle of class. Let it go, I was late not ditching!" You snapped. You'd never snapped that way before and Remus put his hand on the table in defeat. "Fine, but if you want to talk, I'm here," he said, then walking away.

"You're terrible under pressure," you heard Snape say. You rolled your eyes, "Shut it, you're the reason I snapped at him," you replied. Severus continued to work on his potion, "Did you follow the instructions of the wolfs bane potion?" He asked. "Yes, it's almost done," you replied. "Thank you..." you said, a little awkwardly.

"No problem, you can give it to Wolf-boy and I won't bother you again," he said, as the bell rang. Severus picked up his belongings and then left. You felt a little guilty, but didn't go after him. You made your way over to the boys, them still giving you odd looks.

"Will you guys let it go! For the love of Merlin," you said. "What did Snivellus want?" James asked, noticing before that you and him had spoken. "I had a question about the assignment," you said quickly. Sirius, James, and Peter bought the lie, but Remus didn't.

You had passed in all of your classes, there was no way you needed help in today's lesson. As the other three boys walked out Remus stayed behind as you picked up your stuff. "So are you going to tell me what really happened?" He asked, his cute smile showing. You blushed, not being able to resist how adorable he looked.

"I will, just not yet. Trust me," you said, then leaving the class room to go Myrtles bathroom. You collected the wolfs bane potion, putting it into your bag.

Later that night, after dinner. You and Remus were the last ones to stay behind in the common room, working on a Transfiguration essay. You thought now would be a good time to give him the potion, considering it was just the two of you.

"Here," you said, pulling Remus out of his thoughts. He looked the bottle and read the label. "You made me Wolfs bane potion?" He asked. He was thankful for it, but knew it was a hard potion to master, way beyond your year. "I had some help..." you trailed off.

"That's why you were talking to Snape!" Remus said, a little too loud. You shushed him, "Yes and no I didn't tell him, he knew. He said he studies you. The guy is a creep but I wanted to make it for you any way," you rambled. Remus just smiled at you like an idiot.

"Say something," you said, scared he would get mad that Snape knew. To be honest it was the least of his concerns, he knew that Snape wouldn't tell anyone because if he did James wouldn't let him hear the end of it. "You're so great, I love you," Remus said, letting out a light laugh.

Then his eyes went wide with what had come from his mouth. You were in shock, but happy. You had imagined him saying those three words to you so many times. "Uh- I mean...thanks for the um..." he stuttered, looking around nervously.

"I love you too," you replied, leaning into kiss him. As you pulled away, you both giggled, going in for another happy and passionate kiss.