Fears

When the plane landed in New York it was late at night. As they made there way down the steps Lilly felt the difference in temperature from France to New York. She shivered as the cool air hit her skin forming goosebumps all over her body. James draped his coat over Lilly's shoulders and pulled her under his arm. Lilly walked attached to James' side over to his car which was left in the warehouse at the small plane hanger. James put Lilly in the car, he felt how cold it was in there so he turned the engine on and blasted the heat. James went back to the plane to get all the bags Lilly had gathered from there time in Paris.

Lilly now being back in New York brought all her problems again. She started to feel nervous about staring in the ballet she was grateful that they had no rehearsals all weekend as that allowed her to spend her time with James. Lilly sat thinking about the opening night of swan lake which was in a little more than a week now. James looked over at Lilly staring out the window with her hands fidgeting on her lap, he could tell something was on her mind. He could see from the way she was slouching in the passenger seat and how muffled her breath was that she was worrying about something. James had become almost a pro at reading her body language as he could read her every emotion like a book- her eyes being a main factor of his talent to read her.

"You ok doll?" James side eyeing her as she was pulled into reality.

"Uh yeah" Lilly's tone didn't convince him one bit but it almost stung a little that she was so fast to shot his concern down.

"Come on I can tell there's something bothering you" James kept his eyes on the road, occasionally glancing over at her from the corner oh his eye.

"I jus- I'm just nervous I guess. I've never had a main role in any of the ballets I've been in. It's just driving me crazy, practicing all the time when I could end up just making a mess of everything. If I fall I'm not just letting myself down I'd be dragging down everyone in the ballet all the people behind the scenes" tears started to swell in Lilly's eyes as she dropped her head into her hands and sobbed a little.

James immediately pulled over on the highway. He pushed Lilly's chair back fully and pulled her towards him. James pulled Lilly onto his lap as he wrapped his arms around her and pulled her into his chest. Lilly head nuzzled on the crook of his neck she threw her hands around his broad shoulders. James' hand came up to her head, running his fingers through her hair and his other hand drew shapes along her back as she cried into his shoulder.

James laid kiss in her hair as she shushed her like he was trying to send a baby to sleep. Lilly's sobs eventually became staggering breaths as she calmed down. When Lilly pulled away from from James' shoulder, her cheeks were red. Streaks of tears were left on her cheeks as her eyes looked bloodshot. James hand cupped her face as Lilly leaned into his touch with her hands sitting on his. James smiled at Lilly and brought his other up to her face to place her stray hairs behind her ears then he placed a kiss on her temple.

James drove through the city to Lilly's apartment although he tried to get her to go to his house she had rehearsals later the next day so she needed to be home. They pulled up outside James helped Lilly out of the car and gathered all her bags and they went up to her apartment. When they got inside Lilly went to turn the lights heat and the water for a shower tomorrow on. James laid her bags in the doorway and closed the door behind him. James inspected the windows and locks on her door as James worried for her safety-although he worries more than his dark past could come back to haunt them both...............

                  𝓕𝓮𝓪𝓻𝓼

𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓕𝓪𝓬𝓮 𝓞𝓯 𝓑𝓪𝓵𝓵𝓮𝓽