Opening night

Today is finally the day that Lilly's been waiting to arrive for months, it's finally opening night. Remember that stress Lilly was looking for over the last few days? Well it's definitely found it's way here.

The whole day had been spent running around trying to fit dancers into there costumes also altering any costumes if need be, the makeup artists were working for hours straight to make sure everyone had there faces done by the time the lights went up and the curtains finally opened.

Lilly made sure that everyone who was present in act one was ready before she was, all the other dancers around her found her attitude definitely unconventional for her line of work but they all secretly respected and admired her overall kindness the whole time they'd been in her presence.

There she was, currently sitting on the cold floor against the white scuffed wall of a huge dressing room with dancers regular clothing and shoes scattered across the large hardwood floor. Lilly was just looking around the room at all the feathers dispersed around the whole dressing room, letting the cold from the floor travel through her body and into her bones when she heard the booming music signalling that act one had just begun.

Hopping up off the floor Lilly made her way  backstage to stand in the wings watching everyone, but mostly Shane. Act one saw the prince's mother signalling that he needs to find a wife and there will be a ball for him to find a suitable hand in marriage. When Lilly got to a wing she was relieved when she noticed Nat standing there with her arms folded across her chest, she took the time to study Nat's costume.

Nat wore almost the same costume as Lilly only hers was deep and dark black with dozens of silver diamonds scattered across the bodice. Her long amber hair pulled into a low and tight bun at the back of her head with a black feather head piece topping everything off. There costumes were identical to each other's the difference being the colour and amount of feathers on the skirts.

"Hey there" Lilly whispered as she stood beside her best friend.

"Oh hey" Nat smiled as they both stood there watching Shane absolutely killing this role as Prince Siegfried.

"I know I'll see you on stage soon but if I don't see you other than that, I'll see you at the party after?" Nat asked with a raised brow.

"Yeah unfortunately" Lilly sighed.

"Unfortunately?" Nat giggled as there eyes never left the stage.

"No no this one's different I've got James to help save me from all the nosy critics and rich women telling me about there daughters who dance" Nat laughing at Lilly's explanation.

"Nothing like the women showing off there daughter's who in fact look scared, sad and mostly just don't want to be there" Lilly shook her head thinking about the antics. 

"I pity those girls to be honest" Lilly spoke.

"I was those girls" Nat laughed as Lilly lay her head on her friends shoulder.

Everyone in the wings turned to see a group of teenage girls squealing, obviously this is there first actually showcase. Lilly knew that there was auditions going around in most of the dance schools across the state for young dancers to get the experience of a professional showcase.

"We were those girls a few years ago" Lilly said as they both looked at the girls who had to be about 15 or 16 years old.

"Babe we're 25 not 40" Nat laughed as Lilly shook her head.

"Still that was like 9 years ago now" Lilly sighed trying to fight her case.

"Everybody act 2 will be staring in about 5 minutes so be ready" one of the older past ballerinas who was helping out backstage as she personally knows how hectic everything can be.