~ 1.19 | The Inquisition

Drapetomani:

(n.) An overwhelming urge to run away.

Draco grabbed Cassie's hand, "What now? It's your call Star, what do we do?"

She stood silently paralysed, in anger or fear no-one really knew, hand white from the vice like grip she held her wand with.

When it became obvious that they weren't going to get a coherent thought from her any time soon Pansy took charge, "The RoR. If we're not turning him in just yet, then we'll need a secure place to keep him."

"Harry, your cloak," Hermione all but demanded. "Just in case we're caught, it'll be a lot easier to explain being out after curfew if we don't have a visible wanted criminal with us."

Harry quickly obeyed and soon roles were dished out.

"Suddenly all your sneaking out without getting caught is a lot less impressive," Blaise drawled as he inspected the cloak.

"This is really not the time, Blaise," Pansy hissed, wand still trained on Sirius's form.

"Ready?" Draco asked looking at Cassie.

She nodded numbly and they began moving, seamlessly fulfilling their plans for moving.

❾¾

Pansy performed a weightless charm on Sirius and then joined Hermione at the back of the group as Blaise levitated him and draped the cloak over them both. Harry and Ron swiftly led the group and Draco guided Cassie from the centre of it. After around ten minutes of this dynamic, tackling stairs and avoiding those on duty, they reached the Room of Requirement and summoned their room.

They placed him on a chair in the centre of the room - still bound but no longer immobilised or silenced. Cassie stared at her father with such a broken, vulnerable gaze.

"Why?" her voice cracked. "Why are you here?"

His eyes flashed dangerously, "Revenge."

She stepped closer, "Revenge on who? You see, I was ready to give you the benefit of the doubt. You didn't get a trial and things didn't seem to add up, but then you break into the boys' dorm with a knife. Forgive me, but that doesn't seem like the behaviour of someone who's innocent."

"And what would an innocent do," his hoarse voice rang out teasingly, as if he were enjoying this interrogation.

"Oh, I don't know. Maybe not destroy my curtains with a bloody knife," Ron broke in sarcastically, Hermione elbowed him sharply in his side.

"Oh, I like him," Sirius chuckled. "I don't believe we've had introductions yet. I'm Sirius Black, and you are?"

Cassie narrowed her eyes but decided to humour him, "Oh, yes. How rude of me. That is Ronald Weasley, then Hermione Granger, Pansy Parkinson, Blaise Zabini, Draco Malfoy, and the boy over there by the door, that's Harry Potter."