~ 1.11 | The Hogsmeade Visit

Lacuna:

(n.) A blank space, a missing part.

Revenge, oh how sweet it can be

Cassie almost felt bad after seeing the howler Nott received. Key word there being almost.

He didn't have to wait long for it, Draco's owl proved to be very efficient. In fact, it was only the following morning when he received a public dressing down from his father.

They were all enjoying a peaceful breakfast as owls swooped in with the mail, a letter from an unfamiliar owl for Cassie and a bright red envelope for Theodore.

"Looks that daddy really wasn't impressed with you, doesn't it Nott," snarked Blaise as he paled.

Theo didn't even bother giving Blaise a response, still looking at the letter in horror, his untouchable demeanour long gone. Hands shaking, he opened the letters' seal.

"THEODORE NOTT," boomed the sharp voice of his father, the great hall fell silent.

"Have you no manners? Have you no respect? Did every ounce of etiquette leave you the minute you stepped on the train?" Nott's face grew red from embarrassment.

"Imagine my shock when I received the post and found a letter from Lucius Malfoy about your horrendous actions. It would have been unbecoming of you to act in such a way towards any young woman, but a lady of Cassiopeia Black's calibre. She has strong ties with the Malfoys and is heir to the house of Black. Have you any idea what shame you have brought upon our family name? Your mother would be rolling in her grave!"

He hung his head at the mention of his late mother, gaze firmly to the ground.

"I expect you home for Christmas where we will discuss this further. Mark my words young man, this isn't over." His father's words hung heavy in the air as the howler shred itself.

As Nott left the great hall, head down, Blaise gave a low whistle.

"Well, that wiped the smirk off his face, didn't it." murmurs of agreement sounded around the group.

"That a letter from his father?" Draco asked eyeing the paper in her hand.

"Yeah," she said handing him it. "a formal letter of apology."

Cassie looked upon the remains of the howler and found she couldn't bring herself to regret her actions. Maybe she would have felt a little bad for him if she hadn't seen the way he treated the other girls even just that morning, the sneers and derogatory comments.

This was just a lesson he'd have to learn the hard way.

❾¾

"Are you sure you're okay staying here alone?" asked Draco worriedly.

"I'll hardly be alone Draco."