~ 1.14 | The Dementors

Lyssophobia:

(n.) The fear of going insane or mad.

The school spoke of nothing but Sirius Black for the next few days

The school spoke of nothing but Sirius Black for the next few days. The theories about how he entered the castle became wilder and wilder; Hannah Abbott, from Hufflepuff, spent much of their next herbology class telling anyone who'd listen that Sirius could turn into a flowery shrub.

As the rumours multiplied, so did the distance students put between themselves and Cassie. Evidently, it also limited the amount of time she could spend alone as Draco, Pansy and Blaise were reluctant to even let her walk to the bathroom alone in fear of someone hexing her.

Not that she minded, being alone would mean being left to deal with the thoughts she was trying so hard to silence. 'It was a strange thing,' she thought, 'to be terrified of your own mind.'

Even Minnie was worried for her, she kept her behind after transfiguration and told her as much.

"You must be careful Cassiopeia," she had warned.

Cassie had just nodded and ensured her she would be. She was half tempted to tell her she needn't be cautious because her dad wasn't here to hurt her but thought not to. How was she to explain to Minnie that he was framed, and Ron's rat was the real culprit, so far, she had no evidence of it and no plan.

On top of that she also had the added pressure of the upcoming quidditch match, Slytherin vs Gryffindor, and it was almost the full moon, so Remus was being extra protective of her. 

By Thursday Remus had already threatened Harry twelve times (for making comments that were 'very much not platonic of you, Mr Potter'), gave Blaise a weeks' worth of detention (for 'a complete and utter lack of subtlety and tact'), physically removed her from Tracey's vicinity when he found them in the library together ('you are not straight enough to sit that close to her even if you insist you are just friends, Cassiopeia Lupus Black') and decided to just lock her in his private living quarters for the rest of the day. 

To say Cassie was fed up was an understatement, if fact you could even go as far to say that she was on the cusp of an existential crisis. Especially if you took into count that she had learnt less than a week ago that she had the power to save the wizarding world in a war that hadn't even begun yet, and her mass murderer of a father wasn't actually a mass murderer. It was safe to say that she had yet to unpack all of that because 'Do I really need more emotional trauma right now?'

❾¾

"I'm just saying locking me up in here - kinda rude," Cassie complained.

"Well, if you'd just behaved -"

Cassie scoffed, "I have been behaving!"

Remus sighed, "You're just growing up, and the wolf doesn't like it."