~ 0.9 | The Reunion

Paroxysm:

(n.) A sudden outburst of emotion.

) A sudden outburst of emotion

"You came!"

"Of course, I did. You're more important than Lucius's bigotry."

"You've still not forgiven him then?"

"No."

"You'll have to eventually."

"Eventually is not now. Come on, we need to get back to the Manor."

❾¾

They flooed back to the Manor and head up to their wing to talk, Cassie kissing Narcissa on the cheek but walking straight passed Lucius without a second glance.

"So, what did father do? Mother never said in her letters, just that you had a disagreement." Draco asked curiously sitting down in their lounge.

"He refused to pull you out of school saying only the filth would get hurt."

"Well, he was right."

"Draco!" she reprimanded.

"Not about the 'filth' thing - merlin woman do you have no faith in me? I meant about me not getting hurt."

"That doesn't make it any better."

"I know but I'm okay Cassie - Star look at me, I'm fine!"

"But what if you weren't?" Cassie trembled.

"But I am Star, I'm not going anywhere!" he quickly went and sat next to her, hugged her tightly to his chest.

"But you could have been gone Dragon, I can't lose you!"

"You're not going to Star." he said firmly.

"But I could have, all because he's too stuck in his discriminatory ways."

"And we'll speak to him about that but first let's make sure you're okay."

Cassie nodded wordlessly trying to calm herself down, stray teardrops caught in her lashes.

❾¾

"I really messed up, didn't I?" Lucius sighed watching Cassie leave without even looking at him.

"Yep." Narcissa nodded in agreement.

"You're supposed to try and make me feel better not worse."

"Why should I? It's your mess not mine, you were rude and offensive - that's no-one's fault but your own!"

"I didn't think she'd blow it this far out of proportion - she hasn't spoken to me in weeks!"

"Don't act like the victim here Lucius, you're the one at fault not Cassie! It was bound to happen eventually."