~ 1.08 | The Sighting

Ibrat:

(n.) An incident that teaches us a lesson.

) An incident that teaches us a lesson

"Oh Draco, do shut up."

Draco stopped mid wail when he heard the voice.

"Father?" he asked hesitantly, throat sore from screaming.

Narcissa and Cassie entered the hospital wing, interrupting whatever Lucius was about to say.

"Ah, I see you have stopped being a damsel-in-distress Dragon." Cassie teased lightly.

"I am no damsel!"

"Of course not, Draco, your pain tolerance is much too low for you to be a woman - a lot like your father that way." Narcissa said with a fake sympathetic tone.

Lucius cleared his throat, clearly not liking being made to sound weak. "Back to why we are here, if you please."

"You came here to make sure Draco was okay," said a confused Cassiopeia.

"That's not entirely true," remarked Lucius.

Draco looked down, disappointed but not surprised. Cassie sat on the edge of his hospital bed and squeezed his hand.

"Well, what is it then?" asked Cassie bluntly.

"Lucius seems to think that something has to be done about the creature," replied Narcissa gently.

Cassie scoffed, "Like what, killing it?"

When Lucius didn't reply she gasped.

"No. No! It is not that poor hippogriffs fault. Draco provoked it and we all know it."

"Something has to be done it makes us look ---"

"I don't care how you think it makes you look or how it damaged your pride Luci! It hurt Draco, but you don't see him demanding its death." she interrupted.

"It's business Cassiopeia, you wouldn't understand."

"Not everything is business Lucius. Family isn't business, we aren't business nor are we just our names."

"Cassie," he sighed.

"No! You're not going to do anything to that creature, in fact, since you didn't even come here to see your injured son, you should just leave. We don't want anything to do with your business!"

He looked to wife helplessly and, when all she did was shake her head, he left.

"He's a damn fool," Narcissa shook her head at his fleeting figure. "I'll see you both later, Christmas perhaps?"

"Perhaps," Cassie nodded.

Narcissa kissed them both on the cheek and ruffled Draco's hair affectionately, "I love you both so much."